Total Pageviews

Friday, June 22, 2012

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 6/21/12

Read on for my thoughts on the 6/21 Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
Jackson vs. Hunico was ok. Kind of a clash of styles.

I enjoyed seeing Kidd and Gabriel teaming again. Good tag match.

Ryder and McIntyre deserve better than being stuck on Superstars. I hope the extra hour of Raw means they get to be on TV where they belong.

Impact:
Good opening segment. I like Aries being pushed as a credible superstar. I don't, however, like Roode remarking that Aries is a paper champion. If someone who's held a title for that many months with that many challengers is a paper champion, and that title doesn't matter, why should we care about the division? I know that heels are supposed to be heels, but titles should have meaning.

Anderson vs. Daniels wasn't bad at all. I just don't want to see other in the main event of Bound For Glory.

I wish I could fast-forward anything to do with AJ/Dixie.

I hope we're not in for a lot of Brooke Hogan tonight.

Robbie E is pretty entertaining as someone who we're not supposed to take too seriously.

Angle's a machine. It's crazy that he can still go at that level with the condition he's in. TNA needs to make good use of him in his last couple of years.

I hope Hendrix is good. The Knockouts Division could use a fresh face or two. I like that she's not letting her diagnosis stop her.

Is Magnus going back heel? Interesting promo.

Magnus vs. Styles was solid. When your company is called Total Nonstop Action, this is the kind of match you need to deliver.

Hendrix wasn't bad, but didn't blow me away. I think she might have something down the line, but I don't know if I'd sign her based on that one match.

Joe vs. Storm was pretty cool. Both guys have got "it" and I hope TNA positions them well in the months and years to come.

At least that's it for ODB tonight.

Pope vs. Ray was fine for what it was. I'd like to see more from both men.

I liked Tessmacher vs. Mickie.

RVD vs. Hardy was pretty good. It's a shame it was so short.

The twist in the Styles/Dixie angle just made it a different kind of segment I don't want to see. Are they that out of ideas for Styles, Daniels, and Kazarian?

The 6/22 Smackdown should be up on time tonight. Up next, a news post.

No comments:

Post a Comment