Total Pageviews

Friday, June 15, 2012

Rhodes update, what happened after the 5/21 Raw, Interviews with Justin Roberts/Mae Young, Questions on Vince, why ROH is niche, what more Raw means, favorite match live and the PG Era, Jericho schedule update and the 5/21 Raw rating

Cody Rhodes is taking time off.

After Raw on 5/21, the live crowd got C.M. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship after Tensai took Punk out.

Justin Roberts was interviewed ahead of  Money In The Bank.

For my take on the 5/22 PWInsider.com questions:
1. I don't really "get" Vince's decisions a lot of times, which I'm not alone in. I don't know what he was going for with that idea, other than maybe some weird humor.

2. I consider them niche because they focus a lot more on high spots and the actual wrestling instead of what the mainstream fan usually wants to see. They appeal mainly to hardcore fans of the sport as opposed to the John Cena fan with all the colored T-shirts.

I hit everything else from 5/22 after the break!

3. I do think it will water down the product even more than it already is. Seeing the WWE Champion wrestle, much less defend his title, used to mean a lot more than it does in 2012 and will going forward.

4. My favorite match live was Mankind vs. Stone Cold vs. Undertaker vs. Kane in a steel cage. I was young at the time so it was really special. There are way too many PPVs to pick just one match. I'll throw a bone, though- HBK vs. Taker II was pretty memorable.

5. I certainly hope so!

Here's the latest on Chris Jericho's WWE availability as of 5/22:
He will be with WWE until early June, then will tour with Fozzy. He'll return from that brief hiatus until August, and will take off with Fozzy from 8/15-9/30. He's advertised for WWE dates in the fall as of 5/22.

Here's an interview with Mae Young. She's still kickin'.

The 5/21 Raw did a 3.0, with hours of 3.08 and 2.99. Numbers are kind of "meh" lately.

That's all for the 5/22 news. The 5/23 NXT and news will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment