Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/31/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on the 5/31 Superstars and Impact Wrestling!

Superstars:
Beth vs. Alicia was fine. Divas matches are underrated at times.

It looks like Tensai's the latest victim of WWE's ADD booking. He was set up to be pretty big and now he's stuck on Superstars. I liked his match with Riley.

Nothing wrong with Mahal vs. Tatsu. They're just both "out there" waiting for something to do. Superstars could benefit from storyline development instead of just being a bunch of matches. Give fans a reason to care about the undercard.

Christian vs. McIntyre was really something to see. Christian brings out the best in people. McIntyre should be used more on TV.

Impact Wrestling:
Roode vs. Sting just didn't click for some reason. It got kind of chaotic at places and didn't really make me want to see a rematch.

I'm at least curious as to who Madison Rayne's crush is. Hopefully it's someone who brings something interesting to the table.

Ray and "Joseph" delivered another solid segment. Both play their roles quite well. I wonder how they'll do at Slammiversary.

Good video package on Crimson, who's been kind of lost in the shuffle despite being undefeated.

Aries vs. Sabin was a mess. This kind of match is why I don't like the X-Division at times.

Interesting deliberations about Joey Ryan. I'd be leaning towards hiring him.

Fine segment with Dixie and Brooke. I'll wait to see what Brooke brings to the table before judging her too harshly.

I don't care much about Daniels' and Styles' angle.

No surprise that Hardy won the fan voting.

Devon vs. Hardy was good while it lasted. I guess we're headed for Robbies vs. Devon/Hardy.

The Gut Check segment was kind of confusing. It seemed like Prichard was going to say yes and Snow as going to say no. It makes me wonder how "unscripted" the segment really is. If Silva made it, Ryan probably should have. Then again, I haven't seen all the footage that they have of Silva from OVW or Ryan from the indie scene.

Styles vs. Daniels was fine, as it usually is when those two face off. I liked the post-match beatdown.

That was the ending to the show!? Bizarre. I hope the Dixie/Styles angle is short-lived.

That's all for my thoughts on the 5/31 wrestling. The 6/1 Smackdown and more will also be up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment