Total Pageviews

Monday, June 25, 2012

Raw Reax - 6/25/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on the 6/25 Raw!
AJ's officially my favorite Diva after that opening segment. The chick can act.

Solid first match. Everyone played their parts very well and I like where the story's going. I'm glad Bryan looks like a credible WWE Title contender.

I liked seeing Del Rio and Ziggler going for the World Title. My only gripes are that it's a pole match and the crown jewel of Smackdown is defended with only 4 days notice. World Title matches should be BIG and more meaningful. Imagine if the Super Bowl got 4 days of hype and was determined by climbing the goal post.

#&@*. That win could have made Brodus. Have the Funkadactyls distract the ref and Brodus use a chair or something. Ending Show/Brodus that soon and decisively did nothing for anyone. Show was already a monster. Did he really need to beat the undefeated (since getting the dancing gimmick) Clay?

I hope the people who want Cena to turn heel watched that Make A Wish package.

I really hope they're setting something up for Show to get knocked off.

Things continue to be weird with AJ and Kane. I guess Kane forgot his relationship with Lita.

Santino vs. Swagger was fine. I just hope they have a bigger plan for Swagger down the line.

That Cena promo was DYING before Jericho interrupted. I like that people can't just put themselves in MITB. As for an all former champs MITB match, meh. I guess they're saving the up-and-comers for the other one.

And there was our weekly "old guy comes back and beats up Slater" segment. Kind of weird watching the whole time machine thing.

I could not care much less about WWE's social media stuff.

Ziggler and Del Rio did the best they could with the stipulation and booking. That was a painful segment outside of the actual wrestling.

So-so Sheamus promo. He's kind of spinning his tires. I hope we get some storyline advancement with Ziggler and Del Rio as challengers on Friday.

Punk and AJ were good as always. I'm starting to hope AJ turns heel and aligns with Bryan for him to win the title.

I loved the This is Your Life segment when I was younger.

The Divas segment was ok. It's a shame that the talented female wrestlers didn't get a chance to show what they can do.

I don't really care what they call the live Smackdown. It's just another live Smackdown with 4th of July stuff on it.

Fine enough main event. Jericho and Cena have earned main event time.

And a good ending to the show. I like Cena being in danger. I don't know if I want him winning MITB, though. He damn sure doesn't need it or the title.

That's it for Raw. I'll be back for Superstars and Impact on Thursday. A news post will be up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment