Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Raw Reax - 6/11/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on the 6/11 Raw.

There was an inside reference in the opening segment: Laurinaitis, according to legend, once hired a different one-legged wrestler than was wanted. The segment as a whole was good. I'm glad Sheamus was involved, since otherwise it was two old non-wrestlers taking up TV time.

Sheamus vs. Tensai was pretty good. Hopefully both stick around as main eventers for a while as WWE tries to find people outside of the old guard to headline events.

I like the idea of former World Champions who've fallen out of the spotlight getting a chance to get back in the mix. WWE blew it with Ziggler and Swagger.

Interesting to see what they'll do with Tensai and Sakamoto going forward. Maybe Sakamoto will get to show us what he can do in the ring soon?

Good use of Truth and Big Show to make Show credible going into No Way Out.

I like the tag match setting up Beth's title rematch. Ricardo's on his way to being another Santino I think.

I REALLY liked Punk, Bryan, Kane, and AJ's segment. All four were money.

I liked the Fatal 4 Way once Khali was eliminated. Everyone else worked hard to make the match work.

I hope we're not in for that kind of goofy backstage skit every 3-hour Raw.

I think it might be about time for Ryback to move up to three men or something. This is getting pretty redundant. He's amazingly strong, but I don't know if that's enough in 2012.

Show vs. Kingston was fine for showing that Big Show is dominant, but I'd like to see Kofi get an upset on Show at some point to elevate him. Show's not going to be around forever, and I think it's time Kofi got another shot at the main event.

Sin Cara continues to look out of place in WWE. It's clear that he's talented, but he seems out of his element working the WWE style.

I liked the Bryan/Vince segment.

I have to admit I marked out for seeing Vader again, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't note that a semiretired wrestler beat an active one decades younger than him. How can we take Slater seriously now?

I liked the AJ/Punk segment.

The main event was downright bizarre. I wasn't even thinking about how good the match was. It was that weird.

The final segment did a strong job of pushing Cena vs. Show. Both put in good performances to sell No Way Out.

The 6/13 NXT and more will be up tomorrow. Up next, a news post.

No comments:

Post a Comment