Total Pageviews

Friday, June 29, 2012

Smackdown Reax - 6/29/12

Read on for my segment-by-segment thoughts on the 6/29 Smackdown!
AJ vs. Layla was good for what it was.

I like the continuation of the Bryan/AJ storyline. Both have found good roles for themselves and have made me want to see what they do next. The WWE Title match just became that much more intriguing.

I'm glad they're letting the World Title MITB stay for the up-and-comers. Hopefully we get a fresh face in the main events as a result of the match. Dolph, Cody, and Kofi would all be good choices to get the briefcase.

Sandow vs. Ryder wasn't all I was hoping for. Both men have worked hard enough for more TV time.

Kidd winning was a nice surprise. I wish both got to be in MITB, but I guess they're going to use Kidd for some special spots. Good match between two talented athletes.

Interesting segment with Dolph and Vickie, but they did need to explain why Vickie wouldn't just book, say, Sheamus facing everyone on the roster then defending the title against Ziggler.

While I had hoped that both Christian and Rhodes would make it in to MITB, I was fine with the match ending the way it did. Between Santino and Otunga, I think Santino makes more sense going into MITB with the opportunities he's had. The heels did some nice work, and Christian stood out as he usually does. I wouldn't mind him winning MITB either.

Fine segment with Sheamus. I think he needs a little more to his character, as I'm starting to see the "Irish Cena" comparisons.

Good segment with Bryan and AJ. I continue to hope they end up together as the "Edge and Lita" of WWE with the Championship.

Ryback is insanely powerful and in some ways it's fun watching him kill indie guys, but it's really time to add something new to the proceedings.

Fine little backstage segment to set up quite the international affair at the Great American Bash.

My body was pretty ready for Gabriel being in MITB, but I guess Tensai adds a different dynamic. The match was good: Gabriel can do some impressive stuff and Tensai's a strong brawler. He's really underutilized.

Fine set-up for the main event by Vickie and Del Rio.

Damned solid main event. All three men have earned their spots on the card. Ziggler could be World Title ready by this time next year, and Del Rio and Sheamus seem to have really gotten into their groove. Everyone worked hard and it resulted in a pretty good match.

I'll be back for Raw on Monday. A news post will be up later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment