Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Main Event Reax - 1/2/13, another Rock date, Gut Check update, Interview with McGuinness/Wolfe, and Questions on Ryback, Punk vs. Rock, and Ryback vs. Rock

Main Event:
Nice video package on Cesaro. He's done well so far in his tenure.

I liked Cesaro's promo. I think he might be getting more comfortable on the mic.

They didn't really have much material to pull from for Khali. The video was ok for what it was: a video painting Khali as a good guy.

Natalya deserves better than being with Khali and Hornswoggle. Khali's terrible on the mic. If he wasn't so big and popular in the important market of India, I don't think he'd cut it in WWE.

I think Cesaro did the best he could to bring a good match out of Khali, but there's only so much he can do.

Nice promo-off between Cesaro and Miz. I hope both have good years in 2013.

Kofi and Barrett had a nice back-and-forth. Both guys are getting closer and closer to being main event worthy.

I liked the gauntlet match idea since we hadn't seen it so long. What does it say about WWE's thoughts on Tatsu that he lost in such quick fashion? JTG I expected to lose, and he maximized his TV time. Gabriel at least had a nice showing. Kofi winning was a nice touch to build momentum to Friday. Barrett's protected since it was his 4th opponent of the night.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

The Rock has been added to the 2/12 Smackdown taping, so we'll be seeing a good deal of him in Mania season.

TNA has been reaching out to independent talent for future Gut Check competitions. The former Ryan Braddock and Brian Cage have teased that they'll be featured. I'm a fan of the idea and both of those talents have a good amount of experience.

Nigel McGuinness talked about his documentary and more.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I also think he could go either way. I think WWE will push him pretty hard, but long-term he could end up back in the midcard.

2. It'd be interesting at least, but I really doubt WWE does it. Of course, Ziggler's contract is for the World Title but I think they could wave a magic wand of some kind if they really wanted to put the WWE Title on him. As for Punk and Ziggler looking weak, I don't see it. If Punk has a good showing with a legend after 400+ days as champion, he'll still be strong. Ziggler can say that he beat The Rock and get good heat from that.

3. I figure WWE is looking to get the mainstream attention that will come if/when Rock wins the WWE Title again, and hoping some Attitude Era fans come back to watch his reign. I like Ryback but I don't think he's ready to work with The Rock. And a Rock match should get some good build I think.

Nothing to add to 4 or 5.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment