Total Pageviews

Monday, January 14, 2013

NXT stars on live events, former Cruiserweight Champion in action, Interview with Dixie, SMS change, Edge not at Raw 20, next Hall of Famer?, and Questions on Rock, KotR, Daniels, technical matches, and Jeff Hardy

NXT's Bo Dallas teamed with Justin Gabriel to beat 3MB on this weekend's live events. Not someone I would think to team with him.

Fandango beat Yoshi Tatsu on live events, too. I'm willing to give the gimmick a chance mainly because I'm a Johnny Curtis fan.

Jamie Noble defeated Tensai on live events this weekend. So now Tensai can't even beat people who are officially retired. Yikes.

Dixie Carter talked about the current direction for TNA.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

WWE Saturday Morning Slam is changing timeslots. Check local listings.

Edge will not be at Raw 20 due to a loss in the family. That's understandable.

King Kong Bundy could very well be the next member inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. You can't have a Hall of Fame without him.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I can really see both sides to this. Rock coming back brings a lot of publicity and eyeballs to the product, and that's good for everybody. As long as Punk and Cena look like they are in his league, I think it could be a good thing that he's "upsetting the apple cart" by returning.

2. I think I'd keep it for a 3-hour Raw. If done right, it can elevate someone, but I don't know if it should be a PPV again. They should definitely not do a repeat of the year Regal won. I think Regal's great and all, but they should use the tournament to build someone new who's still on their way up in WWE.

3. It's clear that TNA likes Daniels, just maybe not enough to put him in the title picture any time soon.

4. We got Punk vs. Bryan and Punk vs. Jericho last year and both of those feuds got technical. Antonio Cesaro is pretty technical himself. There are definitely different kinds of fans out there. Some people want to see some serious technical displays and some people want to see Santino and Hornswoggle. As much as I'd love for there to be more technical stuff, I don't know how the little Jimmys would react.

5. What a great person to have as TNA Champ, right? What kind of message does that send to the locker room when they're more willing to put the title on someone with that kind of history than someone who's stayed clean their whole lives and been with TNA longer? Hardy's got a lot of (very forgiving) fans, but sometimes it only seems like a matter of time before he has another costly screw-up. I really hope I'm wrong about that, because he's got skills at connecting to the crowd that few have.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment