Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Smackdown Reax - 1/25/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I mostly liked the opening segment. I'm just really tired of Big Show. I think he should take a break after Mania to freshen up/elevate his game like Kane did. Of course, I'd like for it to begin immediately but realistically he should probably be in the Mania mix.

Barrett vs. Sheamus was really solid. Two workhorses who deserve their WWE success.

I'm interested in Punk calling out The Shield.

Natalya vs. Rosa could have been better. They're not exactly reigniting the Divas' division.

Cool segment with Punk, Rock, and The Shield. Rock stayed away from the silly comedy for once.

So much for 3MB looking like threats in the Rumble. I'd be pretty wary of Orton winning the Rumble.

Miz vs. Young was good. I'm not crazy about Young tapping out, but I'm willing to see where they go with Miz using the figure four. Unfortunately for Young, he's not high on the WWE ladder right now and I'm guessing they just needed someone to lose to Miz.

I liked the post-match. Miz vs. Cesaro should be good.

Interesting positioning in the 6-man tag. I wasn't really crazy about the elimination format, since a decisive clean loss hurts. I think it would have been fine without the elimination stip.

I liked the post-match to set up the Rumble. Del Rio could get a big win then.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment