Total Pageviews

Friday, January 25, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 1/24/13

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
Khali vs. Epico wasn't that great. It's definitely not Epico's fault. He's usually solid.

Poor Primo as well. Yikes. I get that Khali has his fans, but this is exactly what Punk was talking about the other week. Primo and Epico are good hands and they're being fed to a very uncoordinated performer.

Kofi's kind of stuck treading water at this point. He's a prime candidate to be moving up the ranks in 2013. Why are they wasting time putting him with JTG?

Impact Wrestling:
I liked the fallout from the wedding. Aces and Eights became faces to me for stopping it.

Kind of a weird ritual with Aces and Eights.

I liked Taz's promo. Obviously his in-ring days are behind him, but it was a nice reminder of how good he used to be.

I liked the Tara/Jessie segment well enough.

What does it say about TNA's roster depth when Daniels and Kazarian are in the title picture?

Tara vs. Velvet wasn't what I was hoping for. It will be interesting to see where they go with the Knockouts Title from here. Lockdown's in Texas, so I'm thinking maybe we'll see a big win by Tessmacher then.

The King/Ion segment was ok.

I liked Park's promo. He makes a pretty good babyface.

The X-Division match was good, but it seems kind of odd to tease King vs. Ion.

Hopefully Bully Ray will be really motivated. Teaming him with Brooke Hogan kind of takes some "badass" out of him.

I liked the Angle/Joe/Brisco/Garett segment. I can see TNA really getting behind the latter two in the future.

I liked Ray and Sting. Though what does it say that TNA's top angle involves the Dudley Boys, Sting, Hulk Hogan, and Taz? All of those people are over 40 and only some of them wrestle.

I loved Aries and Roode. They should be two of TNA's top acts for 2013.

Not a bad Hardy promo. On his talent alone, he deserves to be a top name in TNA. Unfortunately his personal life brings that down a peg.

I liked Roode vs. Hernandez. Aries and Roode would make great tag champs. It would elevate the titles.

Angle vs. Anderson will be big. Anderson could really elevate his game in that one.

Fine clubhouse segment.

Daniels vs. Hardy wasn't bad, though it did pretty much solidify Daniels as below Hardy since Hardy kicked out of his finisher. I find Daniels overrated, but it's possible that he could be in the TNA Title picture more legitimately down the line.

Good ending to the show to set up future developments.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment