Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Superstars and Smackdown Reax - 1/4/13

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Smackdown.

Superstars:
The opening tag match was ok. PTP can blame the loss on Titus becoming distracted, so it's not really the same as the Usos being necessarily "better" than them.

Clay vs. Primo was ok, but only ok. I really wish Clay showed more in the ring, though maybe they're purposefully keeping his matches short for the younger fans with shorter attention spans who just want to see a quick win. It does seem like we have a lot of face wins lately.

Smackdown:
I mostly liked the opening segment. Though of course I'm not a Big Show fan, they got extra points for elevating Cesaro.

Miz vs. Slater was better than I expected. Miz is higher on the card, so it wasn't a surprise that he won, but things could have been a good deal worse for Slater as far as how long he survived.

Good Barrett promo. I think he might be chasing the WWE or World Title by year's end.

I don't think Primo and Epico are a top tag team in WWE, but they deserve better than losing clean to Khali and Hornswoggle. It's a shame that two guys so talented are booked like that.

I liked Kofi's promo. He's another guy who could finally be moving up the card in 2013.

Kofi vs. Barrett was excellent. I can't put over either man enough.

I'm glad Tamina got the win given how strongly she was booked vs. AJ. I was kind of thinking they were going to build Layla for another match with Eve, but apparently not. Both Divas are talented.

I liked the interplay between Sheamus and Orton in the main event. The match itself was mostly good. I guess they wanted to keep Show strong moreso than protect Cesaro. He looked fine in the ring with three former WWE/World Champions.

More wrestling coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment