Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Raw Reax - 12/31/12

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I didn't really like Miz TV. All four men have done better on the mic. And there better be a good reason that they didn't put that match in a more important spot.

Good tag match. They couldn't have had Dolph run interference and cost Cena the match? I win would have done more for Rhodes and Sandow. Heck, even Miz getting a clean win would do more for the product long-term than what happened there.

Of course we have a New Year's Eve party. I'm sure something crazy will happen there. Even Otunga sounded unconvinced that 2013 will be his year.

They're only giving the 20th anniversary 2 weeks of build? Come on, WWE. That should be as big as Raw 1000.

Fine segment with PTP, Vickie, Punk, and Heyman.

Not a great promo from Cesaro. I wish he could talk as good as he wrestles.

Nice clean win for Cesaro. I would have liked for him to look even more impressive, but it was a nice placeholder.

Good post-match to add heat to Cesaro. If he had a mouthpiece or some time to develop on the mic, he could really be someone to look out for.

Kind of a silly segment with Hell No and 3MB.

I like Show picking Ricardo. It will be good for Del Rio to make the save.

I also like Eve picking Mae Young. Very heelish!

I was fine with Hell No retaining. 3MB had a good showing for a comedy act. Hopefully when Hell No does lose, it's to a team that's going places. I'd like to see The Shield hold the titles with the Freebird Rule in full effect.

Always fun to see Heyman and Vince together. Fine segment, though I think we've about gotten as far as we can get with Punk as Champion.

I liked Sheamus vs. Ziggler. They always match up well. Ziggler's protected for not taking the fall. Plus, Big E was talked up to look like he was in Sheamus' league. That bodes well for both men.

Good post-match, but where was Ryback? The Shield looked good at any rate.

I liked Kofi/Barrett except for Kofi saying that Hornswoggle or Little Jimmy would put up a better fight than Barrett. Barrett should be seen as a top contender to the IC or even WWE/World Title.

Interesting segment with Punk, Heyman, and Maddox. Didn't really accomplish much.

I should have known they'd do something stupid with Mae Young. Ugh.

At least the Eve/Kaitlyn feud got some TV build up. Are they going to squeeze one more match out of it?

I liked the Ricardo/Del Rio segment well enough. It'll be interesting to see Del Rio's character as a face.

Show/Rodriguez was fine for what it was supposed to be. Ricardo was impressive in his role.

Fine post-match to continue Del Rio's face turn.

Great job Kofi! You just lost to someone you said would put up less of a fight than a leprechaun or an imaginary friend. How much of a chump does that make YOU? Good match to go out on at any rate I'm down for Barrett as Champion. I can see Kofi being in the running to move up the card in 2013.

That backstage segment really happened. Wow. Just... wow.

Good angle with The Shield. As long as they're booked well in the follow-up, it's ok that they got routed.

We had a pretty good little promo-off there until Cena got juvenile. I was even ok with Cena making reference to Ziggler's past gimmicks and complaints about his spot, though that was right on that line of off-limits. The ending, though, was kind of sad. I guess the PG audience likes that kind of thing. I certainly don't. Ugh. Maybe 2013 will bring us something different from Cena. I definitely think the future is bright for Dolph and AJ.

More wrestling coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment