Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Impact Wrestling thoughts- 9/22/11

Today, on Impact Wrestling, drama intensifies between Hulk Hogan and Sting. World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle calls out his Bound For Glory opponent Bobby Roode before his match with Fortune teammate Daniels, and Rob Van Dam teams with Mr. Anderson to face Jerry Lynn and Bully Ray. All this and plenty more on tap for today. Read on for my thoughts on the shows as they happen.

Sting wearing Hogan's shirt's pretty funny in its own way.

Of course he's not medically cleared. Who would clear someone in his condition to compete? What if they had to replace him in such a big match?

Imagine if The Rock pulled out of WrestleMania 27 after all the build put into his appearance there. But, of course, more people wanted to see that than this.

TNA's angles with weird seemingly lesbian undertones continue.

"Black Swan can't be a horror movie. It's about ballerinas." It's pretty creepy. Not going to lie.

Tessmacher's looking a little "hard to get" as opposed to the hearts and the like she used to have on her gear.

I hope we're not looking at another round of Winter and Mickie.

Angry Mickie? I think I might like her better as a heel come to think of it. Rallying against the more bubbly look she used to have and the more "flaunting" Knockouts + heeling on the fans tired of her getting title matches? Please?

Well, so much for that idea.

Having heard Al Snow talk "outside of character" before, he works well in this role.

I bet they got a lot of interesting responses on Twitter.

That felt a little overbooked with the football stuff.

What a fake segment for a company that tries to make everything look real. The set-up made sense though.

Other than the stupid camerawork as always, that was mostly good between Morgan and Hardy. I just think it could have been structured differently.

I won't care much about Hardy chance #1738 until I see him in the ring.

Holy sh- that Rage commercial. Very nicely done.

Jeff has a point about Angle's issues.

Storm's a lot better when he doesn't yell. He's also bigger than I thought he was.

Better segment than I was expecting. I'm starting to agree about Angle being the glue linking the older and younger stars in the company.

I like Ray's music.

Jerry Lynn and Bubba Ray Dudley are in the ring. Taz is on commentary. ECW's legacy continues.

I was expecting RVD to save Anderson, but the beat goes on.

I don't care much about either of those matches. RVD/Lynn's geared for the old ECW fans (I didn't even know it existed when they were feuding), and I don't care much for Anderson.

Hogan, Sting, Angle, RVD, Lynn, and Team 3D on a card in 2000 would have been huge.

I wonder what they could do to end Styles/Daniels for good at BFG. Loser leaves TNA? After all the times they've faced, what's left for them to do? And what's to stop yet another rematch?

They're still fighting? Awesome.

Nice integration with Direct, as silly as it was.

Please cap this one off at BFG. There's got to be some way to finally settle it.

At least Angle vs. Fortune's a big deal in TNA. Something for the people who aren't just here for the nostalgia.

Tara Strong sounds a little different from Arleen Sorkin as Harley Quinn, but I'm ok with it. That game looks absolutely outstanding from the teasers of it. Fantastic character design, with old favorites getting a nice "fresh coat of paint".

I'd be fine with a Fortune break-up. As generic and boring as I find Kazarian, it's likely that he'd get pushed to the side again. He's got tenure, so they'd inevitably try again though.

It's not as much fun when the derp-sheets spoil what Hogan's announcement is in their headlines.

Angle's dropped weight for sure.

Haha, Angle in the driver's seat. Also, "wasted" movement. Of course, he's in there with a guy whose finisher with Roode is the DWI.

Angle really can have a good match with just about anyone.

I still can't believe we're seeing Roode as the #1 Contender at Bound For Glory. Big push for him.

That's all for Impact Wrestling. I'll be back tomorrow for Smackdown and theoretically when WWE puts Superstars up, I'll cover it, too. A news post will be up after midnight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment