Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Impact Wrestling thoughts- 9/29/11

Tonight on Spike, Hulk Hogan has a major announcement to make. Also, Jeff Hardy continues his quest for redemption, a bunch of X-Division wrestlers compete in a ladder match to earn a title shot, and Bobby Roode faces his Fortune teammate AJ Styles. All that and more coming up. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Superstars gets pulled from WWE.com and TNA still gets 2 hours of TV a week. There is seriously something wrong with this picture.

I'm seriously seeing another round of Styles and Daniels. That got stale a number of years back.

I don't think I could go through life as an adult with the name Bobby.

Sting giving the rub to Roode is nice.

If only they could really get rid of Hulk Hogan.

AJ Styles has actually been the World Champion in TNA 4 times, believe it or not.

Given how things have gone since Hogan and Bischoff came aboard, who would have thought that we'd potentially be seeing Bobby Roode and AJ Styles in World Title PPV main events?

What happened to the other X-Division guys they signed? I figured they'd be in here.

If only Kendrick being tossed out of the ring meant he'd have to change his gimmick.

Ladder matches used to mean something. This is just an excuse to have these guys do spots.

Kash is the best character in this match. A no-nonsense heel who doesn't need flashy moves or a silly look.

Heh, ex-X-Division Champion.

I honestly can't think of a PPV I've cared about less than Bound For Glory in years.

Can Jarrett please bash Kazarian with a guitar? It'd be the most I'd care about Kazarian since he was feuding with Christian.

Flair's just a caricature of himself at this point.

I could not care much less about Kazarian. I don't know it there's any storyline that could make me interested in him. He's not worthy of a rub from Jarrett, but TNA's so desperate to make something out of him that I think we'll end up having that match.

Looks like Neal's healed up.

Meh. The red and green spray paint was a cool idea at least.

I hope Storm turns on Roode at BFG. Just because I'm ready for something new with the people in Fortune.

Probably not good to show Flair's bald spot.

Good to put over the history between Tara and Madison.

Where's Poison these days, anyway?

The spider fan has a web design on her gear.

This match is becoming quite silly.

Wow, that was out-there.

I guess the injury's their way of keeping Crimson from going into the title picture just yet.

Mr. Anderson has a microphone. 11 p.m. can't come soon enough. This guy apparently thought he could have been a main eventer in WWE with the shtick he's doing now.

I wish Pope would go back to WWE so I wouldn't have to watch TNA to see him.

That's interference! From fans! Toss 'em!

And we're back to everyone having issues.

They tied in a lot of angles there. And a lot of morally gray characters.

Nice video for Roode. His transition to being a main eventer continues.

These two play off of each other well.

Cool submission move.

I don't think I can ever separate that move from Chris Benoit.

Sadly this announcement's been spoiled all over the place.

Scream 4, featuring a former WCW Champion.

This is a pretty good Hogan promo. It's not over-acted or cliched like a lot of his previous ones.

There were a lot of people who thought that announcement was legitimate. They changed their minds later I think.

We'll see where things change next week, because I don't think this is the last we'll see of Hogan in TNA.

That's it for Impact Wrestling. I'll be back tomorrow for Smackdown, and a news post will be up after midnight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment