Total Pageviews

Monday, September 12, 2011

Questions on Matt Hardy-TNA, the WWE Hall of Fame, wrestlers as bookers, great promo guys, and the lineage of the WWE Title, WWE Studios looking for feedback, WWE employees remember 9/11, big names advertised for upcoming Smackdown taping, house show note

Sunday's news begins with questions sent in to PWInsider.com. Here's my take on them:
1. He isn't banned from attending or visiting at them as far as I know, but I doubt they'd be looking to re-sign him or put him on camera.

2. Given how relatively few wrestling fans know who she is, I don't think the odds are that good.

3. That's a tough call. I don't know enough of their mindsets to make an educated enough guess on some of them. I've heard Raven's name thrown around a lot as well, though. Foley, Taz, and Finlay stand a good chance of working out there, however. I wonder how Jerry Lawler would do, given his history in Memphis. Part of me wants to put Triple H in there as well, but I think there'd be a mixed reaction to that choice. Maybe Stone Cold? Then again, he was high on Mr. Anderson and Andy Leavine, so he and I seem to have different philosophies.

After the break, I go into the rest of the day's questions and news, starting with a look at some great all-time talkers.

4. Of those two lists, Rock, Flair, Austin, sometimes Foley, Lawler, Savage, Punk, and Heyman. I'd personally add Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels, and while I'm sure I'll get flak for this one: Miz is up there on my list as well. I'm sure I'm leaving people out; I always do.

5. It's certainly somewhat complicated. In my view, Punk was Champion the entire time. Then, when Mysterio won the tournament he was also WWE Champion. Mysterio then lost his version of the title to Cena, and the titles were unified when Punk beat Cena. Instead of Punk "winning" and Cena "losing" the title that night, it was just a case of the winner being the Champion WWE officially recognized. It was certainly confusing for a bit though!

A number of ticketholders for Night of Champions are being invited to take part in a screening of future WWE films and discussing parts they liked and disliked. I like that idea. That area of the company can really benefit from that.

Vickie Guerrero, along with a number of other El Paso Comic-Con guests, will be part of a ghost hunt with Ghost Hunters' Amy Bruni. Sounds interesting.

A number of WWE employees gave thoughts looking back at the days surrounding 9/11/01.

Edge, Bret Hart, and Trish Stratus are all being advertised for this upcoming Tuesday's Smackdown taping, in what will be "Edge Appreciation Night" in Toronto. Edge is confirmed for making an appearance on Smackdown this week. I'm guessing he'll be used to set up Christian/Sheamus at Night of Champions. Works for me.

NXT alumna Naomi was the guest host for a recent WWE house show, so she could end up on the main roster at some point in the near future. I'd be fine with that.

That's all for Sunday's wrestling news. More to come tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment