Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lethal interview, Questions on Matt Cappotelli, ref bumps, JR, confidentiality clauses, and Morrison, HHH talks in-ring future and live Smackdowns, boxer training for WWE, another Hardy DWI, Ryder-Ricardo and Edge appreciation videos, Edge advertised for PPV, new cover for WWE 12, new WWE soundtrack, Rima Fakih update, KOTR DVD news, Jericho involved in CD, and a new autobiography

Jay Lethal discussed TNA and ROH topics recently. I agree about the bottom half of TNA's card frequently  lacking direction. There are people there who people forget are part of the roster. There are always places for Sting, Hogan, etc. on the show, but others are lucky to get booked sometimes. As for the angle with Savage, I'm guessing it would end up leading to a big Hogan/Savage match that would get Hulk a lot of TV time and a big cut of the revenue. I don't think Lethal would be around for much of it. I continue to want to see Lethal get a shot in WWE if he'd be wiling to go to/through FCW for a while. He could reunite with the former Consequences Creed there. ROH going after the MMA fanbase would definitely be different from what WWE and TNA do, though it likely wouldn't win me over.

Wednesday brought new questions to PWInsider.com:
1. A small one. I'd bet against it personally.

2. I doubt it. That's one of the oldest spots in wrestling (not that there's necessarily a problem with that). Companies know that a lot of fans leave the product after seeing most of the tricks in the book, so they can keep using similar concepts over the years for the next generation. More long-term fans will call them on it. I suppose you can pretend that refs can only interfere in other matches when they're told to (otherwise what would prevent them from getting involved more often?), and ref bumps are part of the job when you're in that kind of hazardous environment. But the spot can certainly be overused. More than one in a match for instance can be ridiculous.

After the break, I look at the rest of the day's news and questions, starting with using JR in 2011.

3. In a 3-man booth, I suppose someone has to be the "hybrid" who isn't strictly play-by-play or the color guy. There's also the theory that they use Cole because when JR isn't around full-time, the fans will be used to Cole in that position and be ok with it instead of a sudden change from JR to him. As for the manager idea, I don't like it much. He could very well overshadow the people he's managing, and that's the last thing they want in that situation.

4. That's a good question, actually. I guess it only applies when they get caught! I don't know how they get their info other than "sources in the company".

5. He's still in the mix on Raw, just not as big of a deal. I hope he re-signs and gets to eventually be the main eventer I'm increasingly optimistic that he can be. Pretty much any character we don't see much of could gain from having video packages. But they can only help you so much if you're squashed by Mark Henry in your debut, for instance.

I'm not really in the mindset to write an appropriately clever response for 6, so I'll refer to their answer.

Triple H had more to say to the Miami Herald. Another good read. I hope the live Smackdowns are fairly infrequent; I much prefer them spread out from Raw. I'm very glad that he enjoys his role behind-the-scenes since he has a lot to teach the performers. I also hope his post-full-time career is more like Undertaker's than Hogan's. He still has a couple big matches in him I believe.

Forty-year-old boxer Monte Barrett will soon head to FCW to learn the ins-and-outs of wrestling. I'm curious as to how that turns out for him.

Matt Hardy has recently been arrested once again for DWI in Raleigh, NC. What happened to all that talk about change?

Update: Here's more to the story. This man really needs some kind of help.

Update: And here's the official police report. Certainly looks like they had a reason to arrest him.

Zack Ryder "tended to" Ricardo Rodriguez during Raw. Ohhhhh...kkkaaaaayyyy......

Videos have surfaced of Edge Appreciation Night from WWE. WWE.com will have more on Friday.

Edge is being advertised for Hell In A Cell. Maybe he'll be a special referee or something like that? That would be nice.

The Rock will be on the cover of WWE 12. I thought Orton had that?

The soundtrack for WWE's "Inside Out" is now up on iTunes.

Former Tough Enough contestant and 2010 Miss USA Rima Fakih tweeted that WWE isn't interested in her. The time to capitalize on her fame could be passed by now. I think she was worth checking out for FCW, but obviously I don't make the hiring decisions.

Here are some more details on the upcoming King of the Ring DVD. That used to be a pretty big deal. Similar to Money In The Bank as far as what it did for someone's career, maybe even bigger.

Chris Jericho chose a song for an upcoming Judas Priest compilation album.

Former NWA and WWF wrestler Angelo Mosca Sr. released an autobiography, which he promoted with TheSpec.com. I'm 99% sure I've never heard that name before today.

That's all for Wednesday's news. More to come tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment