Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Edge back on WWE TV?, more reactions to Hardy video, Questions on the WWP, the WGTT, and Hogan doing jobs, "boring" tag teams, Angle talks MMA , Rhodes not going green, update on 3DS All-Stars, Del Rio update, Smackdown rating, Warrior Q&A, update on Hardy's TNA return and a Punk interview

Edge is being advertised for the 9/13 Smackdown taping in Toronto. Maybe he can be the guest GM?

The Fayetteville Observer has a story on Matt Hardy's latest YouTube video. He had to have known it would have gotten that kind of reaction. It didn't say "I'm changing my ways, and the old me is done". It was much more (deliberately?) vague, which worried a lot of people.

Update: Shane Helms commented on the matter. I agree that he can't be held responsible for what are ultimately Matt's actions. I think fans are looking for someone to help Matt out, but all the help in the world will only go so far if he doesn't make his own efforts to improve.

Hardy had a number of further updates on Twitter. I hope he's serious about undergoing a big change. I'm willing to give him a chance to prove us all wrong, but he's got his work cut out for him and it'll be a long process.

TMZ.com also commented, as did Jim Ross.

After the break, I go into the rest of the day's news and PWInsider.com's questions.
Nothing to add to 1, so on to 2. I think that they actually did get some people under contract, but that's about as far as it went. An executive left and.... that's really the last I heard of it because they never did any tapings or anything. So, it basically never got off the ground.

 3. That would be pretty awesome I think, if they can still go like they used to. I believe they're under ROH contract now, so I don't foresee it coming to pass. I'm curious about this potential tag team division relaunch.  Obviously they'd need to give it TV time, and the sort-of brand merge seems to indicate that's going to be harder to come across for some people.

Nothing to add to 4, but as for 5. I know that he wanted to have a big comeback match against Lesnar after the injury, but WWE ix-nayed it, possibly over money. I prefer the direction they went in without him.

WWE.com has a story on "boring" tag teams over the years. I remember some of these:
Lo Down was actually entertaining in its own weird way. I was a new fan at the time, so that could have something to do with it, but I enjoyed the gimmick. The Bashams were fine in the ring, but nothing to write home about personality-wise. The Dicks were an excuse to make penis jokes. It was cute a time or two, but ultimately pretty much a waste. And the Gymini were ok... nothing all that special. I'm cautiously optimistic that this whole angle with Otunga and McGillicutty leads to something good for them as potential future stars young in their careers. Time will tell, though.

Kurt Angle talked about past potential future MMA aspirations in a recent interview. UFC head honcho Dana White denied Angle's allegations of him going to UFC a few years back. Let's just say that there were and are plenty of skeptics about Angle's MMA aspirations.

WWE.com has an article about the ecological effects of Cody Rhodes' bagging. Ooooo-kkkkk......

WWE All-Stars for the 3DS will be out on 11/22.

Alberto Del Rio is still being advertised for this weekend's WWE house shows, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's in the clear.

Dolph Ziggler had his neck examined Wednesday after pains following Raw. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Smackdown did a 2.14 on Tuesday. Quite nice!

Update: SyFy was pretty pleased as well.

Warrior did a Q&A with fans. I pretty much agree with his comments on the older stars. Piper's good for a cameo here and there, but Hogan and Nash I've had my fill of.


Jeff Hardy will be back on the road for TNA beginning at the 9/15 house show. All eyes are on him following his earlier setbacks.

Finally, C.M. Punk discussed a number of topics. Fantastic listen as always from him. Every wrestler's media appearance should start with their entrance music.

That's all for today's news. More to come tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment