Total Pageviews

Monday, September 5, 2011

Raw thoughts- 9/5/11

Tonight's another Raw Supershow put on by WWE COO Triple H. The man in charge can do basically anything he wants to, and tonight he proves that by getting in the ring! Who will he face and how will it go? Plus, WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio returns from his absence. The Raw and Smackdown superstars are in attendance on a big Labor Day show. Read on for my thoughts as it happens.
I wonder where this angle goes from here. I'd be pretty surprised if Triple H became a full-time member of the roster again.

Punk vs. HHH is definitely a clash of styles.

The difference between HHH getting back in the ring and Hogan getting back in the ring? People actually want to see HHH's match.

I like this new edge to Raw with the Punk mindset.

Nice jabs at Nash.

In their primes, Nash vs. Punk would be something to see from a character perspective.

I'm liking this mic work, though of course if Nash isn't relevant, why should we want to see Punk beat him?

I was expecting Laurinaitis.

WWE was exciting before Nash. They were getting all that buzz before he came back on-screen.

I thought Nash had a big guaranteed contract HHH couldn't touch?

Nice gloating by Punk. Either this is a big setup for a swerve or they're aborting the Nash angle. That might end up being the right move.

So much for some of those Diva comments being shoots (though worked shoot is still possible).

I sense a swerve with a new owner upcoming.

We need some Air Boom merch. Cool combined entrance.

The Raw audience doesn't know who Mahal is, sadly.

Why wouldn't the COO outrank the VP of Talent Relations?

So much for me expecting this to lead to a Tag Team Title match. Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of Mahal. I'd like to see more of him.

Props to WWE for rejuvenating the tag team division somewhat lately.

Hmm, I wonder who's going to win that one.

Glad the Divas' division's getting a jump start recently.

Beth and Eve should switch outfits. Not in a perverted way; the babyface should be the one in pink and a miniskirt; not the antithesis of the Divas division.

That's the most believable Kelly's sounded on the mic.

I liked Cole siding with the heels. He's inherently hateable.

McIntyre on TV? Le gasp!

R-Truth's really entertaining.

All in all a solid prelude to this match and the match at NoC. Looking forward to that one.

Punk's doing his 5 moves of doom! Want to guess how many people will complain?

Why would the COO have to agree to Punk's stipulation?

Who becomes COO if HHH leaves?

Reks and Hawkins on TV!!!?? That's insane!

WWWWWHHHHHAAAATTTT!!!!!?????? Zack Ryder hype package on my freakin' Raw!? This is awesome.

Please tell me all of this is part of a changing of the guard in WWE from the HHHs, Nashes, and Lawlers, to the Ryders, Bournes, R-Truths, Mizs, Punks, McIntyres, etc..

Haha, Heath Slater. What a doofus.

Orton Stomp. Haven't seen that one in a while.

I guess the goal was Orton looking good going into NoC. I wonder how many Raw viewers remembered Slater.

Awesome moment with Cena and Ryder.

Solid hype package for that Orton DVD.

Making wrestling fun again.

Week after week? It was 2 weeks ago.

Haha, Ricardo does look like Tattoo. Just taller.

I used to pronounce Audi that way as well. No joke.

Del Rio can't wrestle him in that suit!

The Rudos of Raw you say.

IT'S A WAR!!!!!

You can't have a tag team main event without Theodore Long.

I say Cena's the last man and gets belted by Del Rio. Book it.

Up-and-coming midcarders (potential future main eventers) rubbing shoulders with the current main eventers. I like it a lot.

I wish they would have sold more that it took 2 submission moves to get Morrison to tap out.

I hope this isn't leading to Cena winning after a 4-on-1 disadvantage.

Brawl leading to a double count-out. One of my favorite spots.

All this show needs is Ziggler and Swagger not looking like chumps here.

So far so good.

Hot crowd.

Solid story in this one.

Ah nuts. That's better than I thought things would go, though.

All in all, really great show. WWE's momentum continues strong.

That's all for Raw thoughts. I'll be back tomorrow for NXT and a news post will be up after midnight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment