Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Superstars and Impact Wrestling thoughts- 9/8/11

It's Thursday so there's a new 3 hours of wrestling available for viewing. On Superstars, NXT alumni Daniel Bryan and Heath Slater go one-on-one. Can Mr. Money In The Bank knock off the One Man Southern Rock Band? Then, on Impact Wrestling, it's the return of Jeff Hardy. What will change with the former World Champion back in the fold? Also, Eric Young faces off with Robbie E for the TNA Television Title! Read on for my thoughts on the shows as they happen.
I guess Ryan's a face now.

Clever line about why Ryan's not on the Welsh team.

Sean "Puffy" Combs? Oh, he means Diddy.

I think Mason's still kind of green. He looks like he could be pretty impressive if he improves. It could just be a matter of getting better as he does the moves more.

Hawkins looks cool with his new-ish look.

Generic entrance music returns. Looking forward to seeing how Watson's progressed since NXT Season 2.

I don't know why O'Neil and Watson are teaming, or how they get to be on Superstars, but WWE doesn't care and since we don't get to see some of these people much, I'm fine with it.

I guess I'm ok with Watson's look. I liked the goofy "Urkel" we saw in Season 2 a lot, though.

Nothing wrong with that tag match. Rematch next week?

Any promo + accent = more interesting promo.

Tamina's music at least sounds menacing now.

I want to see Kaitlyn wrestle again, darn it. She was pretty impressive the last time she was on Superstars.

Striker's dead on about watching HHH-Punk.

The anonymous Raw GM could run the show...

I liked Tamina using the Superfly Splash.

I'm kind of indifferent about Alicia as a face. Her character doesn't have enough depth for me.

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Brodus continues to show some good moves in these squash matches.

One Man Country Star might be more believable.

I'm pretty sure he keeps the briefcase even if injured, but it's invalid after a year. (Not that WWE wouldn't put him in a match for the briefcase before that happened).

How many of those holds are armbars?

I feel left out not getting the Southern rock references (despite living further South than Slater).

I like that Striker puts over the "going up the ladder" aspect of the match.

No mention of injuring Kozlov...

I liked Striker putting over Bryan's training, too.

For the record, I have heard that Bryan's a really, really nice guy.

The fact that Bryan's advertised for a World Title match at WrestleMania means that I'm looking at every performance as a step towards that and whether he's that good. It's unfortunate; I'd rather watch him "grow" enough to make it there and feel like he earned the spot instead of feeling like he has to make it to that level. It's rare that someone will exude a main event vibe in their first few years in WWE.

That finisher was pretty tight. Nice match.

And now, Impact Wrestling.

Honestly, my "cup of care" about TNA right now is becoming more and more empty. As WWE shakes things up and shows us some new people every once in a while, TNA feels like it's in the same place it's been for a while. Sting, Angle, Hogan, Flair, and Bischoff all in important places. Fortune being the "future of the company" working their ways up the ladder (for years now). Even with the wacky swerves and character changes, it loses appeal after a while.

From that, here's Anderson, who if you haven't figured it out by now, is an asshole. And Sting is crazy. The most interesting thing about that segment was Sting's red pants (since the World Title match happening was unintentionally spoiled to me earlier).

I've lost track on whether Devon and Dinero hate each other still, since they came out as a team.

Miscommunication! Every time.

The new Team "3D" - D'Angelo Dinero and Devon.

Because when I see a friend of mine, I say their first AND last name and what they do.

Four potential BFG headliners thrown together in a talking segment with no build.

Honestly, the only one of these guys I buy as a BFG headliner is Bully Ray.

I liked Bully's promos.

I'm hoping for Storm turning heel and feuding with Roode. It'd be something fresh for them.

Please be a prank movie. Unless they're trying to sweep the Razzies.

I liked Gunner's promo ok.

Robbie E's lack of an entrance doesn't speak well for his chances here.

I was actually amused by Young having Robbie E's tights. Other than that, not so much.

Rob Terry destroying people works for me. Him winning that championship back and wanting it to mean something would be a godsend compared to the current joke reign.

I don't really care about RVD vs. Lynn since I missed their ECW days (outside of a match or two on DVD).

Mickie with a dog. I like her character less and less.

If they do the World Title match early, can I stop watching/covering?

Please don't tell me this will mean Anderson as champion.

Meh. It made sense that they'd go that way for the ending. I'd probably be ok if they took Anderson out and we didn't see him for a while.

I wish I could hate "Hardcore Country" to death. I think it's time for a new Mickie song.

Suddenly, a crap was given. This one needed the mist finish for me to care a bit about another round of Mickie and Winter.

"He's back. The most talked about man in wrestling." THEY GOT PUNK!? Oh.

Austin Aries is pretty comfortable on the mic.

I like Kendrick's music.

Pretty stupid promo. I'm on Team Aries after that exchange.

I'm hoping more and more that Hogan leaves when his contract's up. If he takes Bischoff with him, so be it.

Direct must have pretty low standards if Angle's getting a deal despite the DUIs.

Jeff Hardy hasn't been seen for months, and they just show him casually walking backstage?

Cool dual entrance for Immortal.

Nice touch with Beer Money being side by side, but Bully Ray and Gunner having distance between them.

It felt a little rushed, but I liked Joe and Morgan's part.

We might end up with Bully vs. Gunner if this keeps up. I guess I'd be ok with that.

They should call it the Bully Bomb, since he's not Bubba anymore.

Well, at least they made me more interested in Gunner.

Will it be their last match? I certainly hope so, TNA voice-over guy.

Jeff Hardy better be a quick talker.

The fans there obviously forgive Hardy.

So-so promo. I'll hold off on whether it's a good idea to give Hardy another shot. They're definitely taking a gamble.

That's all for Thursday's wrestling. I'll be back tomorrow for Smackdown and a news post will be up later. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment