Total Pageviews

Monday, September 12, 2011

Raw thoughts- 9/12/11

We're less than a week from a pretty stacked card at WWE Night of Champions. The Voice of the Voiceless C.M. Punk will face off with The King of Kings Triple H in a No DQ match with the latter's COO job at stake. Also, WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio will put his status as the Essence of Excellence up against the Dynasty himself, John Cena. How will all of the parties involved and more interact tonight on the Raw Supershow? Plus, a WWE Hall of Famer is in the house! Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

I like Del Rio's necklace.

Ricardo is gold on the mic as well.

I like Alberto getting a segment with Hart, instead of "legend vs. legend" confrontations years past their "best by" date.

If Hart was in his prime, this would be a heck of a match to see.

I hope Del Rio retains on Sunday, or at least looks good after the match. They've really got something with him.

How many fans know about Fantasy Island? Rather dated reference (though fitting).

I liked Alberto putting Ricardo out there. Chickencrap heelery at its best.

Del Rio making Hart tap out tonight would be gold.

Johnny Ace sounds like he needs a Hall's or something.

I'm thinking either Cena beats Ricardo, or Del Rio beats Hart. Either works for me. Save the champ and challenger for Sunday.

Orton vs. Rhodes was pretty solid on Friday; hopefully the Raw crowd's as appreciative and starts watching SyFy to see more where they came from.

Hopefully these four guys fight for the title on Sunday. I wish the U.S. Champion would have heeled Canada.

I think all four of these men could have pretty solid futures. They'll continue to grow in the midcard  for now to prepare for then.

Miz and R-Truth have been very entertaining singularly and collectively. Both have earned spots near/at the top of the card.

Nintendo missed the boat not having Peppy Hare say "Do a barrel roll" in the commercial. Star Fox 64 is boss.

They've got a good set up in the tag team title match to get the winners pretty over. All four have been built well in the last however many months/years, though there have been some bumps in the road.

Good backstage segment to set up matches on Sunday and tonight.

See, that's a fine "documentary" shot. You don't need HD cameras and zooming in and out.

Young tag team heeling a legend. Classic wrestling segment, for a reason. It works.

Didn't see that one coming. I was expecting a rematch involving Ryder.

Two kings on the same side here.

That was fine, I guess. They want to get Sheamus over as a high-level face with the Raw audience. Hopefully Otunga and McGillicutty eventually "become something" in the feud with Lawler.

I'm looking forward to Ricardo wrestling. The one match I've seen of him as a comedy character was pretty funny. He has a legitimate background and works regularly in FCW, but for now he's really good in this role.

Ricardo's selling of fear in the intro was good.

THAT KICK to Cena. Nice heel move.

That was ok for what it was, continuing the story to Del Rio/Cena on Sunday.

Nice 9/11 package.

I wonder how many of the followers are 40+ year old men.

Vickie's hilarious.

Welp, that bulldog's going on Botchamania.

I wonder if Swagger will go face in this feud?

Yeah, that was kind of a mess. Glad it was kept short.

Where are the Divas of Doom?

THERE we go.

I was hoping for Natalya laying her out at the entranceway, but no such luck. I'm guessing Beth brings the pain on Sunday.

I wonder if they'll show anything pre-WrestleMania I? They've been around a good deal longer than that.

Involving Nicktoons is about the only way I'd play a baseball game for long. Rather surprised that some of the "older" shows are involved.

Punk should get a video package, too.

Haitch RULED Raw for years there at one time. He was pretty much untouchable.

Cena vs. Henry would be a pretty big deal if WWE went that route at some point.

Orton's had a pretty brutal schedule lately with the Supershows and Raw tapings. I hope for his sake they lighten the load on him soon.

That's pretty impressive for Survivor Series.

I remember the first time Rhodes fought Orton. He got stomped pretty bad. Both men have grown a lot sice then, especially Rhodes.

I like JR's commentary here.

I was halfway hoping for Orton vs. Henry to spill out backstage and Rhodes to win via count-out.

This isn't doing all that much to showcase the Intercontinental Champion. He put up a pretty good fight on Friday.

There had to have been someone else they could have fed to the wolves. Rhodes looked somewhat weak here. I did like the ending, though, even if Rhodes removed his mask and exposed his"hideous" face to the crowd (gasp!).

Henry looks pretty damn credible going into Sunday.

Interesting. I was thinking Christian and Sheamus would be in the Cutting Edge.

Punk vs. HHH is a pretty big deal.

This is going to be good...

Please tell me they don't kill Punk on Sunday.

Fair points from both guys.

This is kind of weird. It doesn't really make me want to see them face off in a big good guy vs. bad guy fight, but it's an interesting storyline.

And then they made it stupid with the "real name" stuff. That was bad. Nothing says "look how fake this is" like going out of your way to make something look real. Everything was mostly good until then.

Other than that sour note, the final confrontation was good. If they would have changed that part to something else, it would have been pretty solid. I want to see Triple H vs. C.M. Punk, not Paul Levesque vs. Phil Brooks.

Anyway, mostly entertaining show. That's it for Raw thoughts. I'll be back for NXT tomorrow and a news post will be up later. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment