Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Matt Hardy kicked from rehab and arrested, Austin interview/Tough Enough update, Questions on WWE's use of gimmick matches, SHIMMER, and Angle's UFC claims, Rima Fakih in talks to return to WWE, Brisco update, Dreamer column, Cena interview, and a rapper likes Scott Hall

Matt Hardy was kicked out of rehab after failing a breathalyzer test, then arrested for violating the court order that send him there. I'm done defending this guy. He's blown too many chances. I truly don't care if I never see him involved in wrestling again at this point. He's burned through all the sympathy I had for him.

Update: His girlfriend Reby Sky commented on the latest setback.

Stone Cold Steve Austin updated the status of a future Tough Enough. Why they haven't decided to bring it back yet is beyond me. Also in that interview he talked about a number of potential matches that would get him back in the ring. I can see what he's saying about Punk, though the fans were so behind him, that they almost HAD to turn him face.

After the break, I go into the rest of the day's news, starting with PWInsider.com's questions. First up, WWE blowing gimmick matches.

1. No argument from me. It's truly a shame that we've gone from "this feud is so big, the only way they'll be able to settle it is inside Hell in a Cell" to "Well, looks like it's October again, so who are we putting in the Cell?". I remember both of those scenarios well, and the feud that led to the first TLC match was fantastic, too. This is one of the biggest things I see wrong with WWE today.


2 is a repeat from not so long ago, so I'll move on to 3. I purposefully avoid promotions that aren't WWE and TNA because I don't have the time to follow another one! It would be unfair in my book to "casually" watch an independent promotion and not give it the time I'd give the main 2 companies. If any indie promotion gets the same level of TV clearance that WWE and TNA get, I'll cover them as well.

4. I won't psychoanalyze here: I honestly don't know, other than the fact that there's an audience out there that will believe him and not check with reputable sources. Though I guess the same could be said for any charlatan.

Nothing to add to 5, so I'll move on.

Tough Enough contestant Rima Fakih discussed her time on the show and recently talked about a return to WWE. If she's willing to work in FCW, I say give her a shot. She was impressive for someone with so little experience.

Jerry Brisco is said to be feeling much better. Good news.

Tommy Dreamer wrote a column about his early days as a wrestling fan. The man has a way with words.

John Cena did a solid interview on Friday talking The Rock, Zack Ryder, and more. I'd love to see a lot of the undercard performers step up and show that they're worthy of being featured on the show. There are some pretty talented people there, but the trees are falling in a forest with no one around to hear it.

A rapper named Loudmouth Melvin has a song referencing Razor Ramon. What a strange world we live in.

That's all for Saturday's news. More to come later, including a preview of Survivor Series. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment