Total Pageviews

Monday, November 28, 2011

Raw thoughts- 11/28/11

Tonight, in a rematch from Survivor Series, C.M. Punk defends his WWE Championship against Alberto Del Rio. And if that wasn't enough, the show starts off with John Cena in Piper's Pit! It's one of the most buzzed-about shows on TV; read on for my thoughts on Raw!
Looks like this might be the last time John Morrison will be in that intro.

Packed house. My college wouldn't fit nearly that many people.

It's like there's something magical in the air when Piper speaks. He's one-of-a-kind for certain.

This is going to be good.

Mixed reaction, but a loud reaction.

Something tells me Piper doesn't need a script.

Piper might be in somewhat rough physical condition, but he's still as compelling as I've ever seen him. He's got good points here.

This segment feels natural. I like that.

If Cena's the face of WWE, and fans have a mixed reaction to him, what does that say about WWE?

We need more Piper.

I'm a little surprised they brought up One Night Stand. I was going to call them on it.

If this segment doesn't get praised, I'll officially lose all faith in online fans' opinions.

Piper's doing great stuff for Cena here.

Hollywood, I hope you're watching this. Piper's not a hard man to reach.

Very interesting stuff. Why can't more segments be this compelling?

They could have done more of a segue from  R-Truth to 2 of his former partners, but they did talk about it.

Well of course WWE Magazine liked it.

That game does like pretty good.

And that may be the last time we hear that song.

Oh shi- They're making the most out of this, it looks like.

That certainly looks like a write-off to me.

But wait, there's more.

OUCH. They're pulling everything out here.

See, when you don't use weapons very often, it means all the more when they're brought out.

Why's Morrison getting in offense here? Miz should "cripple him". He's leaving the company!

Ouch. Again.

And that's how someone gets devastated.

DO IT AGAIN.

Ok, maybe not.

It's a Divas match! Start your timers.

Looks like we've got another video to track down.

Haha "run in". I see what you did there. It looked pretty stupid and pointless, but it was a funny pun.

That was... ok I guess. Not really an Alicia fan. Kelly's attire on the other hand...

Pretty cool Sheamus package. I'd like to see more things like that.

Well that's at least an explanation for why we haven't seen Brodus. Admittedly clever, but I don't think they planned that out from the start.

Good little promo from Punk.

I'm ok with that stipulation.

Ziggler's got another chance to show he belongs higher up on the card here.

Wade Barrett. I'm very ok with this.

Nice Macho Man costume.

Feel free to ignore that Barrett and Rhodes went over at Survivor Series if you want to keep pretending that WWE's not building new stars.

Still kind of iffy on Ziggler's song.

I like the little inset promos.

Bad Lawler. Bad.

Ziggler can go. I think he's got a chance to impress enough to move up the card again.

Haha. I love that graphic.

What a dropkick indeed.

Orton's earned that cheering by Ziggler giving him a run for his money for a while. If he dominates the match, it doesn't mean as much.

Ha. Ziggler protected by not taking the RKO and pinfall.

Double ha! Ziggler just pinned Randy Orton!

Ziggler getting pushed. But I'm sure people will still complain about it, then eventually turn on him and dislike his character.

Daniel Bryan getting a segment on Raw. Who would have thought given the whole tie incident last year

He seems a good deal more confident on the mic and working the crowd into his promos.

Cole has a point there. I figured he'd work in the vegan part though.

Wow. People still reference America's Funniest Home Videos?

See, if Raw viewers watched Smackdown, we wouldn't have to recap this.

Good plug for tomorrow's big match. I'm really looking forward to it.

Bryan's got gusto. I like it.

Ryder vs. Swagger. I'm ok with that, too. Again, feel free to put your hands over your eyes and ignore WWE consistently giving TV time to up-and-comers.

Fine match-up I guess. Why did Ryder change his hair?

That's a very un-awesome song for an album called Velociraptor.

You know, speaking of TLC, it might be good to make some matches for then.

Haha, wow. This man went through fire, barbed wire, and thumbtacks. And now he's in a Santa suit.

Oh, Mick Foley. Never change.

Someone's not being PG. It feels a little "hey look, I can curse on TV!" though.

Ricardo- what a goof. In a good way.

Where are those ice cream bars is what I want to know.

Glad this is at least the main event. The WWE Title needs to be a pretty big deal.

I hope these two are big parts of WWE's future main event scene. Great workers.

For once, Cole and Lawler are calling a match like commentators should.

YYYEEESSS!!! Punk pulling out the old Eddie Guerrero chair spot.

Good stuff. And it's not over!

Hats off to both men. Good story and Del Rio has an out in the exposed turnbuckle.

Haha, well Punk's not your typical babyface.

C.M. Punk closing Raw with the WWE Championship held high. Nice to see.

And they close with the Smackdown plug. Smart. Get us talking about what's next.

That's all for Raw. I'll be back for Smackdown hopefully sometime Wednesday. I'll actually be in attendance when it airs, so I'll throw in some live impressions to go with the recap. A news post will be up around midnight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment