Total Pageviews

Friday, November 11, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 11/11/11

Last week, Daniel Bryan survived his encounter with the Mark Henry thanks to Big Show. Tonight, the World's Strongest Man gets a rematch. With a match for his World Title looming at Survivor Series, will he be able to focus on Mr. Money In The Bank's technical aresnal? That main event and more tonight on Smackdown from Liverpool. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

It's still weird to me that it's Team Barrett instead of Team Rhodes since Orton doesn't really have an issue with Barrett, but whatever.

And the commentary problems start.

It's time to end the Booker on commentary experiment.

Good promo given that they're pretty much throwing this match together.

Good by Barrett and Christian as well. I like them being together.

Great starter to the show. Solid matches set up for later (though of course they could be PPV-level if promoted right).

Booker's like some kind of caricature or parody.

Christian just brings out the best in everyone in the ring. Sheamus is no slouch, either.

Pretty cool Fall Away Slam spot, though it looked like it could have ended badly.

I don't think I've heard a worse pairing on commentary than Cole and Booker.

Awesome Irish Curse spot.

Sheamus is damn good. I hope he becomes a big star (and World Champion!) in time.

They're doing their damnedest to ruin this match with the commentary.

"Cagey"? Was that a reference to his TNA run?

Very good stuff. I'd love to see these two feud for the title down the line.

So yeah, AJ and Kaitlyn just hanging out backstage...

Good seriousness by Bryan. Looking forward to the main event.

Oh yeah, Big Zeke. I remember him. Good guy. I liked the video.

Did he bring him to his office just to talk about his officiating?

I'm still a little split on this Aksana stuff.

DiBiase needs a reboot. New music, some videos, etc..

Not bad. I'd like to see more from both him and Jinder.

Wow, that theme song's terrible. Hard to take him as a serious competitor with it.

Cole forgot about Gail and the Bellas I guess. So did a lot of fans.

And that's what you get for egging Mark Henry on. That was ok I guess. The action was good but the booking was questionable.

Well, at least Bryan has heart.

So, Big Show, now would be a good time to save your buddy.

Oh, he must have had to run all the way from the locker room or something. That was more of a jog-in than a run-in.

Bryan's half Henry's size? That protein diet must be working for him.

Ha. They don't even get names.

Better them than 3 Superstars.

Keep in mind that "the Divas don't have a storyline" and "never get TV time".

Not a bad match, though Alicia still has learning to do.

More good stuff from Sheamus.

Oh. Looks like Primo's going to be with Epico after all.

I like the distinct look in the ring from the Latinos.

I almost thought the new heel tandem was going to lose.

Good match. Nice to see the Swanton again.

I like this group a good deal. What should they be called?

Yes, Cole. Booker was in a World Title match at WrestleMania XIX. He's also faced Edge.

I think I might rather hear Mike Adamle on commentary than Booker.

I'm really liking Barrett. I hope he's on the "future World Champions" list as well.

What about Taker's debut?

I like the spots with the ropes. Clever.

Orton's always dangerous.

Orton's powering up!

Oh snap! Barrett got the surprise win. Glad he's looking like a potential threat.

That's all for Smackdown. I'll be back for Turning Point on Sunday. A news post will be up later in the day. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment