Total Pageviews

Friday, November 18, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 11/18/11

We're only 2 nights from Survivor Series. The biggest PPV of the fall will feature Mark Henry vs. Big Show for the World Heavyweight Championship and Team Orton vs. Team Barrett. Tonight, both Champion and challenger are in attendance and Randy Orton teams with Sheamus face off with Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes. That and plenty more on Smackdown tonight. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.



 Well that's one way to start the show.

If Bryan actually cashes in and wins at WrestleMania, I'll be shocked given how he's been booked lately.

Why can't Smackdown's commentary be like this more often?

Sin Cara vs. Dolph Ziggler should be good.

If Ryder doesn't get a title match on Sunday after all this, #manhattanscrewjob will be pretty appropriate.

Two guys I hope have great futures in the business. They're both doing pretty good work here.

Wait, if Booker returns to the ring, that means we won't have to hear him on commentary!

Sin Cara can do some pretty amazing things in there.

I like it.

That doubleteam finisher! I liked the subtle Billy Gunn reference.

Mason's a beast. He's at least got that going for him.

Whatever happened to "these two bulls will face off later tonight"? Give us time to anticipate things.

The MasonLock!

Yeah, I'm not really feeling Ryan. He's still got a good ways to go in the ring.

Not a bad backstage segment to feature those stars and move the stories along.

God, I love Christian.

OUCH.

I'm guessing he'll be involved from ringside?

I do, Christian!!

AJ's color coded with Bryan. She's good.

Oh sh- what? BateMax on Smackdown!?

I liked the little in-box thing promo.

Season 4, guys.

Good match, though brief. Please make BateMax a more regular thing on this show.

Jinder, you idiot. He'd kill you.

Midcard heels being intimidated by Show makes sense.

Atrocities might be a little much, but I liked this Show promo. There are other performers I'd rather see, but I'll give him credit here.

I definitely like angry Big Show more than "smiling happy Knucklehead/Pee Wee Herman Big Show.

Wow, they're moving right along tonight, aren't they?

No Epico or Primo at ringside? That's kind of surprising.

I like Hunico. Why wasn't he on this show before Sin Cara's suspension?

Both of these guys have a good deal of energy and athleticism.

Ahh, the old Crossbody reversal spot.

Fun match-up.

Great video on Big Zeke. Whoever's behind these gets a tip of the hat from me.

I hate these arguments.

I like the new theme music. These two are good together.

Kaitlyn's got some good spunk in her own right.

DAMN, what a Sharpshooter.

Please don't split these two. They're besties!

That match was good for Natalya, but aren't we supposed to be promoting Beth vs. Eve?

Pretty cool remix for Rhodes. Maybe good things are coming for him.

Rhodes is in pretty good shape.

Orton's on-point. There's a reason he's a headliner.

I thought Rhodes was going to take an RKO from that top rope spot.

Good way to set up Sunday's match without giving too much away in the actual match.

Or maybe the heels prevail after all?

That's all for Smackdown. I'll be back Sunday for Survivor Series, and a news post will be up later. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment