Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Superstars and Impact Wrestling thoughts- 11/3/11

Today on WWE Superstars, John Morrison faces off with Drew McIntyre in a battle of (barely utilized) former Intercontinental Champions. Then on Impact Wrestling, Ronnie from "Jersey Shore" is in attendance as a guest of the TV Champion Eric Young. Also, Jeff Jarrett teams with Bully Ray against Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson. Oh, and of course, James Storm is defending his TNA World Title against Beer Money teammate Bobby Roode in a huge showdown. Read on for my thoughts on the shows as they happen.
Justin Gabriel's got something marketable if he continues to develop.

Jinder's got a great stage presence.

Everyone SHOULD want to be on Survivor Series. They're going to get a heck of a PPV bonus for that one.

Gabriel's got flash and spunk. I honestly think he could surpass Evan Bourne at some point in the not-so-distant future.

I'm feeling this match. Straightforward wrestling on a wrestling show.

I'm starting to buy into the Jinder hype.

Did he just call him Justin Bieber?

That was good! WWE needs to get behind this show and these performers.

I actually forgot that McIntrye was on Raw.

I love the standoff graphic for Cena/Rock there.

That music does NOT fit with Darkside Yoshi.

How does Stanford even get to be on Superstars after what he did to Zack Ryder's roommate?

They're promoting Twitter more than their matches? Ridiculous.

I loved the Spinkick counter!

Great couple of minutes to end that match.

Morrison and McIntyre should be getting chances at titles and TV time instead of recap packages and the top guys getting so much mic time.

I'd rather see Muppets than Kevin Nash, John Laurinaitis or Big Show.

McIntyre might could use a reboot, or at least a reintroduction.

And look how far they've come from the IC Title days.

Pretty cool stuff with these two.

Where are the videos for Punk vs. Del Rio?

Solid clash here.

That move over the corner was really awesome. They could do a lot with this guy in the vein of a Jeff Hardy.

Sky High! This could be on Raw.

The C4! Why does no one watch this show!?

Very well done by both men. Rematch on a major show, please. They've earned it.

Impact Wrestling time. I get this weird feeling of dread when I type that.

This is a pretty big moment for Storm.

This guy can work a crowd.

I actually remember a time when Roode was one of Storm's biggest rivals. America's Most Wanted vs. Team Canada.

Honestly a pretty touching segment here.

I actually kind of like the goofy Direct commercials.

I like the TNT motif. I think tag teams should feel like a unit instead of two people who happen to be together.

I guess Gail and Madison are the Solyndra of Jarrett's administration?

Gail's been here two weeks and she's already a champion? And might win another title within a month? They're really getting behind her!

Yeah I think Garret still has a way to go with his promos.

Really intimidating shirt there, Gunner.

Sting's shirt's pretty cool actually.

This kind of makes me wonder if Sting's transitioning into a non-wrestling role.

I'm sure a lot of TNA fans would like Eric Bischoff''s contract renegotiated!

Not bad by Daniels. Fun and good segment. That's when you use the shaky cam.

I wonder if Austin Aries' actual Zodiac sign is.

Kid Kash plays the douchebag prick pretty well. Some would say he's being himself to a degree.

I think I could go a good deal without seeing a suicide dive and not miss it.

Not a bad match at all. It was presented as a basic contest instead of a stunt show. These two things are related.

They're not really calling him Robbie T are they?

It might as well be, Taz. It might as well be.

I think that's about the best promo one can expect from a Jersey Shore parody.

Meh. Don't care about that really.

TNA: where every night is '90s stars night.

How did I not think of a combo of the Swanton and Kenton bombs?

As much as I'd love to say something other than I'm not really interested in those people feuding, that's kind of the case. After watching fresh young stars in the WWE undercard, these guys look all the more stale and dated.

Some would see that more as a nightmare match, but whatever.

I didn't really feel that segment. I'm sorry TNA, but there are other things I'd rather be watching right or doing right now. And this was a show I really used to look forward to each week.

I don't know exactly why, but those Direct commercials mentally crack me up. Are they supposed to be kind of cheesy?

I'll admit that they're treating this match as a pretty big deal for tonight.

I wonder if Garret's going to be a regular wrestler after that match next week.

Good match. Maybe not World Title good, but good.

Nice crossface spot. Good story here.

Now things are heating up.

Excellent framing with Roode thinking of using the beer bottle.

Hmmmm... not too sure what to make of this one. I like the story, but not really how soon they pulled the trigger on it. We'll see about the legitimacy of Storm's injuries and where they come into play here, but on the surface this seems either reactionary or short-sighted. Either way, there's going to be a good deal of fallout for out.

That's all for Thursday's wrestling. I'll be back for Smackdown tomorrow. TWO news posts will be up later, with a special look at WWE's latest financial numbers. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment