Total Pageviews

Friday, November 4, 2011

Video of Foley's return, NBA player to WWE?, Questions on titles/jaded fans, Goldberg vs. Austin, breaking kayfabe to kids, and recreating Steamboat/Savage, next WWE show poll, WWE going to Spain in 2012, Dreamer interview, Mania kickoff party, JR update, piece on Moolah, Punk and Roode interviews, Ryder petitioning for title shot, FCW Diva to main roster soon? Dixie talks Impact Wrestling, and an appearance by Beer Money

Here's video of Mick Foley's return to WWE.

Update: Foley teased more appearances. 

A player for the Utah Jazz mentioned possibly getting into WWE after his basketball career. Yeah, it's not that simple. More power to him if it works, though.

As for my look at PWInsider.com's questions:
1. While I think some of it might be the quick title reigns, I wholeheartedly agree that a lot of the displeasure with the current product is because of the jaded older fans who are becoming increasingly hard to please. WWE and TNA should be going for the fans who are giving the show a chance like those mentioned there. The Attiude Era didn't just work because they pleased the '80s fans in new ways (or used a lot of nostalgia and gimmicks from those days). It connected with those who grew up in that era on a cultural level. WWE's got some good characters and storylines going on now, but the grumpy internet critics are so burned out that they won't or can't get behind it.

2. Slim to none. That's one of those "dating Megan Fox" scenarios. I mean, it COULD happen but the odds aren't in favor of it. And I honestly don't think it'd live up to expectations.

After the break, I go into the rest of the day's news and questions, starting with when to tell kids when wrestling is predetermined.
3. Now, I agree with the point about teaching children not to do what they see on TV, but as long as they're enjoying the show and getting behind their favorite Superstars (and not suspecting anything), I don't see any reason to break it to them. I'm not a parent or child psychologist though. I imagine at some point that it becomes unhealthy.

4. I almost certainly wouldn't recognize it. I don't spend much time watching classic matches, and wasn't around for the original. I agree about them doing their own thing (which would likely be very good in its own right), though I honestly don't think most of the fanbase would be saying "that's a match from 25 years ago"!

Nothing to add to 5 from me.

WWE's next TV show poll is for a countdown-style show. WWE Countdown works for me.

WWE will tour Spain from June 6-9, 2012. Pretty cool. Kane's actually Spanish, believe it or not.

Tommy Dreamer talked WWE, TNA, and ECW. Smart man.

Rey Mysterio, Sgt. Slaughter and Jimmy Hart are at a Mania kickoff party. Should be cool.

JR isn't scheduled for Raw, which means more Cole mocking him setting up their challenge. Ugh.

Legacy.com looked at the life of the Fabulous Moolah.

C.M. Punk was interviewed at Ringside Fest.

Bobby Roode was interviewed to promote TNA in Australia. He discussed becoming World Champion and more.

Zack Ryder is asking his fans Broskis to help him petition for a U.S. Title match.

FCW Diva and NXT Season 3 runner-up Naomi is featured in the programs WWE's selling in Europe. If she can still wrestle like she did then, I'll be fine with that. I like her look there a good deal and hope she looks like that instead of her current FCW character. I'm not sure what the odds are of this being some kind of error.

Dixie Carter tweeted ahead of Impact Wrestling.

Finally, here's footage from a TNA appearance before the Impact Wrestling tapings in Macon, GA.

That's all for Thursday's news. More to come tonight (hopefully). Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment