Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Superstars and Impact Wrestling thoughts - 11/17/11

Today on WWE Superstars, Tyson Kidd squares off with Trent Barreta in a match of young and hungry competitors. Then on Impact Wrestling, the fallout from Turning Point begins. How will AJ Styles react to what happened in the main event? What will Sting have in store for everyone? Plus, Robbie E celebrates becoming the TNA TV Champion, and 10 Knockouts compete in a gauntlet match to determine the #1 Contender to Gail Kim's title. All this and more today. Read on for my thoughts on the shows as they ha
Well, at least McIntyre gets on Superstars.

Ditto for Riley.

It's a shame these two are stuck on this show. Pretty good stuff here. I think the Supershow idea could be part of the problem with that.

I think either of these men could go pretty far with the right character and push.

Wait, isn't that the same finisher Percy Watson has? I think Riley might have used it first.

That was another of those matches that was good but pretty much existed in a vacuum because the character's don't do much on the main shows.

Not really sure what these two are wearing, but I'm glad we're seeing them compete.

I like what The Usos do before their match. It really looks like something that would rile the crowd up.

I liked the suplex spot.

Not a bad match. I'd like to see more of The Colons Version 2.

If Matt Striker isn't on Twitter, Kaitlyn's following a poser.

So... much... Twitter talk.

In some alternate universe, David Hart Smith is facing off with Caylen Croft here.

That is actually pretty impressive that that many people talk about the show worldwide at one time.

Nice spunk from Trentylocks.

I wish they would have called Trent's move names since they've mentioned their names in the past. I always liked performers having cool move names.

Good little match-up. Again, WWE's got a pretty impressive undercard (and that's not a sleight to their main eventers).

And it's Raw recap time. Is there any other show that shows whole segments of what happened on the last show?

Pretty good video package to start Impact Wrestling, though Styles' lines were kind of weak.

I like Douchebag Roode the best. Much more interesting than "the Canadian guy who's been training for this all his life".

Great heel promo. So far so good for the main event experiment.

So far so good for Storm as well. He's got natural charisma.

Good opening. Three characters who aren't dated shells of themselves.

I like the twisted logic of Roode's character. No questioning his alignment.

Good move and "business acumen" by Sting. He's a good fit for this role and you can tell he has his heart in it.

Dixie doesn't have security?

Punching out security and putting the president in danger- great heel moves.

Joe being a serious threat again? Is this Bizarro World TNA?

I don't think I'd mind if they built to Roode vs. Sting as long as Roode got the big rub from it.

Robbie E is twistedly entertaining.

Devon looks to be in pretty good shape.

How was that not a DQ for Devon?

The new Champion might should have looked a little stronger, but other than that this was good for moving forward all of the stories involved.

Morgan's a former tag team champion.

This is how I think Sting should be used (and other such veterans in similar ways).

More from Morgan and Crimson is fine with me. Building new stars.

Good trickery from Bischoff.

So, when does Garett become an official wrestler instead of a wrestling (former) official?

Garett vs. Flair will be a spectacle for sure.

I like Aries' cape but it doesn't look particularly menacing.

Sorensen's only 22? Wow. He's not bad for that early in his career.

It's telling that I wouldn't have known he was that young by his ring work.

Not really liking the idea of Aries vs. Kash just now. Both are too good as heels.

I do like the dynamic between the two of them, though.

If Sorensen couldn't beat Kash after that big of an advantage, it wouldn't look too good for him.

This is how the X-Division works best. Not just a bunch of flashy BS that makes people seem interchangeable.

Haha, good segment with those two.

Well then, so much for Rosita.

Tessmacher with the Baywatch run.

So far, so.... meh.

Yikes. Not a good match as far as ability goes.

Ugh... that song.

I miss Sarita's mask, but I guess it didn't match her gear.

I don't really think it's time to move on from Gail vs. Velvet. Unless maybe we're getting Gail vs. Tara.

This match is kind of rough in places.

Damnit, no. Tired of the Mickie show.

SuperMickie.

ODB looks pretty happy to be on TV.

Seriously? Mickie should be incredibly exhausted at this point.

Oh God, they're going to do it, aren't they?

UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That was bad and TNA should feel bad.

Who the heck was that chick?

Putting over Abyss as a monster again. Finally.

What about Flair?

Nothing says Charismatic Enigma like whatever Jeff is wearing.

Hardy vs. Jarrett was pretty wacky. But I guess they're kind of "rebooting" some of the characters under the new creative regime.

You mean the guy who got pinned 3 times on Sunday?

I wonder how long it takes Jeff to groom his crazy facial hair.

If going into the bedroom is what we get with TV-14, I'm fine with PG.

Karen's quite the harpy.

I half-expected Jarrett to try to use a guitar.

I guess I'm ok with that Mex Am promo. It got kind of unintentionally (?) comical with Anarquia.

This is a more realistic place on the card for Crimson.

Hernandez feuded with Morgan as well after Henrnandez was put on the shelf by him.

At least Crimson and Morgan aren't just totally running over them.

I'm ok with this as far as adding to the Morgan/Crimson feud, but they don't really have much pposition if they can beat Mex Am.

This was a better use of the shaky cam.

Not crazy about Garett's music.

Didn't he "work for Bischoff" just recently when Immortal was in charge?

Ehh... he's still got a ways to go.

I like Storm's promos. No "character" here.

Swerve?

I don't think anyone can say "Really" these days without me thinking of Miz.

Never heard that expression from Styles.

Kazarian had the charisma of a wet dishrag here. I got Andy Leavine flashbacks.

Oh shi-

Yeah, not really crazy about it being Angle. Back to the same old, same old to a degree. BUT Storm could look pretty good getting the rub from him. Nice promo to close the show.

That's it for Thursday's wrestling. I'll be back tonight for Smackdown. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment