Total Pageviews

Friday, November 25, 2011

Superstars and Impact Wrestling thoughts- 11/24/11

This week on a Thanksgiving edition of WWE Superstars, Tyson Kidd goes up against big Ezekiel Jackson. Then, on Impact Wrestling, Crimson teams with Matt Morgan in a rematch with Mexican America, James Storm looks for revenge against Kurt Angle, and the Knockouts compete in Thanksgiving Thong Thunder! Should be a stuffed 3 hours. Read on for my thoughts on the shows as they happen.
I like the little graphics they have here, though I didn't see any cornucopias on Thanksgiving.

Poor Drew McIntyre. Got to do anything he can to get attention.

I need to try turducken one of these days.

Talented guys.

That's a creepy mustache.

DiBiase's got some fire.

In my fantasy world, these two are wrestling on Raw while Kevin Nash and John Laurinaitis struggle for air time on online/international-only shows. It's safe to say that I'm enjoying this match.

Listen to this crowd. LISTEN TO THIS CROWD. They're doing their jobs in getting them into the match. Management, take notes.

Well-earned reaction for these two. Great stuff.

Cena has 9 million + Facebook fans. And that's why he's the top guy in the company.

McGillicutty's song sounds familiar.

Look at the energy Riley and McGillicutty are bringing here. They're working hard to get over.

I think A-Ry's got some real potential. I hope he's recovering well.

Young, hungry superstars showing what they've got. I love it.

Also in that fantasy world, Scott Stanford, Josh Mathews, Matt Striker, and William Regal do commentary on the main shows while Cole, Booker, and Lawler fill in here. In other words, I'm enjoying what the people here do and it's a shame they're only on certain times.

Damn good stuff. Basic storyline with basic characters. WWE didn't need hour-long Creative meetings to put this one together. Maybe simpler really is better.

I picture Santino messing with something backstage to give Jinder funny subtitles. It wouldn't get him over,in a good way, though. I miss Kaientai.

Matt Striker didn't know what a complicated word meant? I'm shocked.

Even the camera angles on this show are better.

Sounds like Josh Mathews has been on Wikipedia or something.

More good stuff. This show is worth tracking down each week.

Sorry, Tyson, but I'll never forget that "crown" haircut.

It's like they just said "look, this is airing on Thanksgiving. Do whatever you want". I'm ok with that second part if it ends up like this.

Kidd's got the right idea about the Twitter thing.

Impressive stuff.

Tyson's a very talented guy. He doesn't get to rely on name value or being physically huge like some wrestlers around today. And I'm not talking about Ezekiel.

I wish that one would have gone longer. Which I guess is better than wishing it didn't go on as long as it did. Actually, I suppose I could say that for the whole show.

Ok, Impact Wrestling. You've got a tough act to follow.

Team Angle vs. Team Storm. I'm ok with that.

Strong promos to start the show. Kudos to TNA for giving Storm a shot at the main event.

And that's how you set up a main event. Simple, but effective.

Pretty good video package for this match.

If I never see another plug for Twitter and Facebook, that'd be fine with me.

I like Morgan and Crimson looking like big bulls. Mexican America getting killed I'm not so sold on. This is good for the champions but not the division.

Why? This is stupid.

Ugh. Mickie.

Well, that was kind of weird. I definitely don't miss the days of bra and panties matches. There are plenty of other avenues for that kind of thing.

So, the faces are upset that they're doing what all those fans emailed that they wanted? I don't get it!

I also don't get this crap with the "hidden cameraman".

The backside of... her backside?

Terrible backstage segment.

But they're not wearing thongs, as per the match name.

Why did I decide to watch this again?

Wait. Is this a team match or...does it even matter?

I'm very confused at this.

Yeah, let's get this over with.

Wow, this is brutal with the commentary.

I'm pretty glad I missed this last night.

At least they're wrestling now.

This is BAD. Like "never do this again" bad.

Yeah, that's not a DDT.

Please move on from this garbage.

Jeff Hardy... I don't even know where to start.

The sooner I forget about this week's Knockouts stuff, the better.

Flashbacks to Victory Road.

Why, Hardy fans. Why?

This segment just got 500% better.

Well, it was until that pun.

And then it was saved. Jarrett's really good at riling people up.

Jarrett was dead on with his criticisms.

Kind of a clustermess segment.

WWWWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY?????

What is a waiver wire leader? Watching TNA hurts my mind sometimes.

What am I listening to on commentary?

This show...

At least the pigeons loose comment was funny. Maybe I need to be on Twitter instead of watching this?

WHAT AM I WATCHING!!???

That was absolutely dreadful. Though the "under the arm" spot was clever. What was that thing anyway?

There's more!?

This is just terrible. I seriously don't even know where to start on how bad this is. At least it's somewhat entertaining in a trainwreck sense.

Can this be declared non-canon like the Star Wars Holiday Special? I think I've died a little bit watching this stuff.

Hahaha, I like Roode getting his own entrance.

Crap. This is an elimination match, so I have to watch even more of the show.

Arguing on commentary. I definitely haven't missed that lately.

I love the tag in for the selfish wrestler wanting to take credit and get the pinfall.

Looks like this show might be saved after the Knockouts and Young segments.

Good stuff so far.

And then we get the 1-on-3 comeback.

Oh, maybe not.

Ok, then... so much for Daniels and Jarrett.

And Styles and Hardy get the win for Thanksgiving.

I'm really enjoying Roode lately.

And that's a wrap.

That's all for Thursday's wrestling. I'll have the Thanksgiving Day news later in the day, and Smackdown will follow later as well (and Friday's news will come after that). I apologize for the lateness and thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment