Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

Raw thoughts- 11/14/11

Tonight on USA Network, The Rock comes to Boston. He'll confront the man he faces at WrestleMania, and the man he teams with this Sunday, John Cena. What will their opposition, Awesome Truth, do to tip the sclae in their own favor for Survivor Series? Also, on this massive 3 hour Raw, Jim Ross has been invited once more to take the Michael Cole Challenge. Will we see another change in the Raw announce team after tonight? Both Raw and Smackdown are in attendance, so pretty much anything can happen. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

At least they're (hopefully) getting this out of the way early, though I have no idea what the heck this is going to be.

I can't believe we're really doing this. I'll at least give UFC credit for not doing Mike Goldberg vs. Joe Rogan.

It's Cole's challenge. He can make up any rules he wants.

Why isn't Mathews on commentary anymore? His voice is missed in this segment.

Looks like they've got some time to kill.

Why are we doing this again?

Seriously, it's Cole's challenge. He could say that the object was to get your hand on the pad first so he'd win.

That was umm... something.

THAT makes more sense for Cole to do. Something he'd pretty much have to win.

It must be the cowboy hat.

That's 14 minutes I'd love to have back.

Ha. Cabana sign.

C.M. Punk: voice of the smarks.

I'd agree that we need less Cole and Lauranitis. I like Del Rio, though.

I'd be pretty surprised if 38,000 followers wanted to see that continue.

We went from Punk and Cena to Punk and Cole.

Great main event. 

Striker looks different.

Of course we had to have Foley tonight.

Good stuff, good stuff.

Sin Cara still seems kind of off with his moves. Unless he's just so good it LOOKS weird how he does things.

Nice match! Four talented individuals.

I think I can end up being fine with the new direction for Rhodes and his song in time.

Awesome Henry/Show package.

As opposed to WWE '12 the musical?

Oh, Santino... I like the WWE '12 plug.

Haha. Well, Santino HAS competed at WrestleMania.

They'll put Broski on anything these days apparently.

Sucks about Christian. More on him in tonight's news post.

Well, so much for Ryder getting a title match unless Ziggler's working double duty again.

Pretty solid work on the mic from Ziggler.

I really need to play the Uncharted series. Got a lot of Batman to get through before then, though.

I dream of a day when commentary is just the background to the stories.

Yikes. Mason's an impressive physical specimen but I'm getting flashbacks to Chris Masters' first WWE run. Big muscly guy and not much else.

Morrison's still here? 

He even has the MasterLock!

I know what's going to be on Z! True Long Island Story this week.

Ugh, holiday sales. I'm not ready for that time of the year.

Actually I'm not really ready for Thanksgiving either.

I'm thinking we don't see Rock until the last hour of the show (other than backstage).

Aah, that song brings back memories.

I wonder how many people watching have no idea who Foley is (or at least have never seen him wrestle in a WWE ring before).

There's only one Mick Foley.

I smell denial from the audience.

Cena and Foley in the same ring is kind of a weird sight for someone who's seen some of "both generations".

I hope Twitter's writing WWE a big check right now.

That shirt's mesmerizing.

Oh God... time machine time.

For the newer fans, this is referencing a big segment between Rock and Foley (as Mankind) that's been duplicated a number of times now.

Well that was umm, touching I guess. I was kind of hoping for a 2011 version of... WAIT WE'RE GETTING IT!!!!

And just like that I remember exactly how this segment went back in the late '90s. One of the biggest moments in Raw history.

B-2!!!!!!! That brings back some weird memories. Before that he was a pretty serious wrestler as Bull Buchanan.

Wow, how did I not think that was ridiculous back then?

I'd never have expected Cena to reach these heights back when they were together.

Bull looks kinda rough.

Darn. I was hoping for an ex-girlfriend, like in the segment Rock had back in the day.

Cena Sr.'s got a great voice. He should be a game show host or something.

I don't think this is helping his case...

WHAT!? That was unexpected. I guess he had flashbacks to his own trips down memory lane with Mick.

Sheamus vs. Swagger. I'm ok with this.

Kind of weird that we went right from Rock, Cena, and Foley to business as usual.

Swagger's got talent. If we can ignore that he's dropped from being a World Champion, we can say he has a pretty good future ahead of him.

I remember when elimination matches weren't just thrown together with whatever heels and faces aren't doing anything else.

Both pretty talented Superstars here. WWE's got an outstanding midcard/upper midcard that's just itching to break through.

I really hope Sheamus is being built towards taking the title from Mark Henry.

Wow. The WWE Champion doesn't appear until halfway through a 3-hour show.

I don't think you can really undersell Rock coming back to the ring.

I like the contrast between the face and heel Divas. Pretty obvious who's who.

Ha. Nice sucking up to Boston there, Kelly.

And Kelly beats Natalya again. The Divas of Doom need a big moment to stay on top of the division. Hopefully they don't just kill AJ and Kaitlyn again, because that did more to make them look low-tier than pump up Beth and Natalya.

Did they push Brodus back another week? Ugh. Not that it was really his "debut". I can kind of see the argument, but this show feels stretched out as it is.

Alberto should make a statement on Sunday to show he belongs as WWE Champion.

A little early for a main event.

Remember when Punk broke Big Show's hand? Water under the bridge now.

I could seriously never see Big Show wrestle again and be good. I don't know what it is about the guy, but I'm just tired of seeing him.

Punk and Del Rio I like. Keep featuring them.

Good booking (ending-wise) to get people interested in Sunday. At least, you know, in theory.

Rock just coming out and attacking Foley is still pretty weird.

NNNNOOOOOOO. Even Santino doesn't deserve to get beaten up by Nash.

Jonah Hill? Things are going from bad to worse. At least it's not Michael Cera.

I like Barrett's teammates coming out to the ring with him.

I'd like to see Barrett taken seriously as a potential top tier guy.

Good selling of Sunday's match. There are things on the card other than Rock and Cena teaming.

Could that be a hint about the Deadman's return? It would surprise the heck out of me given that his status is so up in the air.

Good. If Orton beat Barrett clean, there wouldn't be as much of a reason to watch on Sunday.

WWE should get wrestlers who look like HHH and Flair to reform Evolution with Orton and Ryan.

Was that supposed to be a heel moment from Rock? I guess we'll find out.

Sure is electrifying in here.

It's been a long time since I've heard a crowd react like that. This man's one of a kind.

I wonder what C.M. Punk thinks of this.

Thank you, Rock indeed.

Haha, this crowd.

I don't see it trending Worldwide at present...

Please don't bury these two.

Rock's going to kill them, isn't he?

I'm hoping for Cena and Rock imploding on Sunday, leading to a win by Awesome Truth.

Haha, fun stuff.

GLAAD's not going to like this.

Miz is mostly holding his own in there with two of the biggest personas in wrestling. Truth's no slouch himself.

And then Awesome Truth got steamrolled. Hopefully that means they're going over on Sunday.

That's it for a 3-hour Raw. I'll be back Wednesday for NXT, and a news post will be up later tonight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment