Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

Questions on Drew McIntyre, Shaq vs. Show, losing streaks, retirements, Nash, running WWE, PPVs vs. TV, Vince reading the internet, and ROH , Cena's "coach" talks, HHH interview, pre-Survivor Series angle, Survivor Series dark match, and Ryder thanks his broskis

I apologize for being so behind lately! Here's Sunday's news, starting with PWInsider.com questions:
1. Realistically, no, I don't see him getting that big of a push again. I'd love for him to get noticed and pushed again, but for whatever reason he's stuck on the fringes of WWE.

2. I'm a little surprised that we haven't heard anything from him since that appearance. Big Show's a pretty major face now, and I don't see them playing Shaq heel so it doesn't look like WWE's thinking that route. Part of me would like to see it, and it would certainly get WWE the attention it's after, but it doesn't really look likely.

3. As was answered, that's their goal. The person in question is leaving. It wouldn't make any sense to push them if they're going out the door (and potentially to the competition). They still have them under contract, so they want to use them, and having them put over the other members on the roster is a good use for them.

4's kind of related to 3. I could go either way on the "losing your last match" thing. If it's Undertaker (hypothetically) retiring at WrestleMania, then obviously the streak should stay intact, but generally speaking there's a big rub to be given to the person who wins that match for retiring their opponent.

After the break, I go into the rest of the day's news and questions, starting with where WWE's going with Kevin Nash.

5. This actually sounded like a Muppets question at first. But yeah, it definitely looks like that's where they're going, and likely at a major PPV. It better be worth it in the end because right now it seems like a bust.

They actually got 2 sections of questions Sunday, so here's my take on 6-10 as well.

6. Before I get into this one (which is a great question), I'd like to preface it by saying that it's a "rough draft". There are so many possible ways to go about this that there's no way I'd get it how I'd want it in the first try. Firstly, as for Vince, I'd hire him back in an advising role if that's an option. Since changing owners and philosophies so suddenly would be potentially troublesome, I'd like for him to continue to run things until I was comfortable enough to change things. Secondly, I'd meet with the senior advisers and executives (Dunn, Laurinitis, etc.) to see what they think should be done for the company. It's of course possible that we are on extremely different wavelengths. If that was the case, I'd listen to why they feel the way that they do and what reasons they have. Thirdly, I'd go over the financial books and see what's working and what's not. The obvious problem is the films division. I'd address that and the other glaring "problem areas" that can be changed by more talks with people involved. Throughout all of this, there would be anonymous suggestion boxes where anyone in the company can submit ideas. Things would pretty much go from there with analyzing problems and setting fixes in motion, eventually leading to meeting with Creative and the talents themselves. The biggest things would be addressed first, though. Sorry if that's too vague and not wrestling-related. And I'd hire/fire as need be in areas after getting a great feel of the company from the inside. It's not an easy or quick process unfortunately, and I'd do my best to make sure that people aren't running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

7. The only thing I can really add to this one is that the networks don't get any cut of the PPVs. Things have definitely changed more towards the TV end of the business.

Nothing to add to 8. That was before my time. I was around for the XFL, but not the WBF. I'm sure it was at a similar level of WHY.

9. I wasn't really feeling that segment as much as the original either, but apparently that was the point. I think a lot of people were lost after watching that. And of course I think a great portion of the intended audience had no idea what it was referencing. Little Jimmy wasn't around for the first TIYL. I actually kind of like the suing storylines; the heels are supposed to be whiny cheaters. As for him reading the fans' opinions online, I SERIOUSLY doubt it. He's a very busy man, and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't very familiar with computers. And of course he thinks he knows better! He's got decades of experience (for better or worse).

10. This is a lot of questions rolled into one. I'm personally not into it because generally the matches I've seen have been more about showing off flashy, innovative moves and crazy counters than the actual story of the match. Granted, I've only seen a handful of matches, but for the product to take itself as seriously as it does, it leaves a lot to be desired. From my limited viewing experience, it's like a hockey game that's all about the fights or a demolition derby instead of a race. But I agree that a lot of people don't watch or like it because so few know about it. They don't make nearly as good money as someone would in WWE or some TNA performers get. I believe WWE has looked the Briscoes' way before, but they obviously didn't come to terms. I don't know about Davey. I gave the product another chance for the first episode of the Sinclair series and none of those three men made me want to see more of them. The Briscoes' gimmick was laughably dated and Davey sounded particularly boring. WWE might be able to do something with them, but if that's the only thing I had to go on, I wouldn't sign them, either. I think the booking of Punk and Bryan disputes the notion that ROH performers are booked poorly in WWE. Not that Bryan's doing as well as a lot would like to see.

The independent wrestler who played John Cena's Little League coach talked about the experience. Nice little read.

Triple H was interviewed before Survivor Series.

WWE ran an angle before Survivor Series with Ricardo Rodriguez seeking to choke out Justin Roberts. The two had been sniping back and forth on Twitter for a while. Ok then...

The dark match before Survivor Series saw Santino Marella defeat Jinder Mahal. Remember when Jinder was a big deal on Smackdown?

Zack Ryder thanked the MSG fans for chanting for him at Survivor Series.

That's all for Sunday's news. More to come tonight. For real this time. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment