Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Superstars and Impact Wrestling thoughts- 11/10/11

Today on WWE Superstars, William Regal steps back in the ring for his home countrymen. His opponent? Mr. Money In The Bank, Daniel Bryan. These two have quite a bit of history. There's a reason Bryan wears the same maroon that Regal's known for! Later, on Impact Wrestling, the new World Champion addresses the fans after his controversial victory last week. AJ Styles goes one on one with Daniels. And in the most anticipated match in weeks, Ronnie from Jersey Shore teams with Eric young to face Robbie E and ROb Terry. Read on for my thoughts on the shows as they happen.
Striker has Twitter as well. Not sure why WWE only shows some people's names.

Hawkins but no Reks? I guess he's not injured anymore.

Oh, maybe he is.

Dr. Acula. I see what you did there.

Gabriel's got a unique style and way about him in the ring, which is something that seems to be missing in some young performers.

I like Striker selling the importance of the company's top titles.

Interesting to know about Gabriel. They should give him some vignettes where he does things other than talk about being from South Africa. Show him being a daredevil!

I like the submissions by Hawkins.

Nice little matchup here.

Good ending sequence. I'd like to see good futures for both of these men, but there's the proverbial glass ceiling with Laurinitis, Nash, HHH, Big Show, etc. getting so much TV time.

Good Survivor Series ad.

And here are two more guys we should see more of. NXT Season 2 alumni who have grown since then (though Riley seems to work better as a heel).

There are good things in Riley that I think could bring him titles in WWE if management and Creative notice him.

I prefer McGillicutty like this instead of a theoretical Mr. Perfect II.

He's probably learned that even all of  that can land you in WWE Purgatory.

Good stuff from Riley. Why is he not on Raw or Smackdown more often?

I miss when PPV songs were about beating people up.

The Survivor Series motif would fit well with that new WWE logo. Speaking of which, that would be a good time to change the WWE Title.

Ouch. That new theme song is terrible. They're dropping the ball with this guy's image.

There's that logo.

I want one of Regal's robes.

Hahahahahahahahaha. I figured they'd change that for the actual airing.

I like this kind of match-up every once in a while, and these two are perfect for it.

Ahh, this brings back some memories. Makes me miss the days of Angle, Guerrero, Jericho, and Benoit.

Unless Regal's coming back to the ring more permanently, a World Title contender should have a decided advantage over a mostly retired commentator in kayfabe. Regal's still got it, though.

You know what wrestling needs more of in 2011? Awesome suplexes.

Dragon Sleepers, too.

I'd like to see more of this kind of thing from Bryan. Enjoyable stuff.

Working a body part feels like a lost art these days. Glad we're seeing it here.

Solid stuff. The right guy got the advantage and won. The torch was passed. I wouldn't mind seeing another round!

Impact Wrestling time.

Good opening video.

I liked that promo for the most part.

I guess Sting's still crazy based on how that promo sounded.

Didn't expect to see that one tonight.

I like how Ronnie just goes by that name. I also like that it's now apparently officially Robbie T.

I love Don West.

Is everyone associated with MMA bald?

Nice video on Morgan/Crimson.

What does it say that I didn't recognize Pope's music?

Yeah, don't think the streak's ending tonight.

The PPV's Sunday? Haha, oh wow.

Good match so far. Why don't we get more from Pope?

I think of D'Lo pretty much every time I see that finisher.

That was certainly educational...

Those are some good cornermen for Gunner.

Haha, he doesn't even have music.

Roll him up, you idiot.

Not bad.

That locker room segment on the other hand, was bad.

I love that stupid Direct commercial.

Oh right, concussion.

I was wondering what happened to that guy. Ditto for Haskins and Nese.

Sorensen's gimmick looks like something from a cliched high school movie. It's not Bravado Brothers bad, but it looks kind of out of place.

It must be armdrag night.

That crossbody was unique, as was the facebuster.

Fine little X-Division match. I like Sorensen as a rising star in the division.

I smell a screwjob or something in that triple threat.

That promo felt kind of forced from Kash. Like he was trying to play a heel instead of being one.

Meh. Madison. Don't care enough about her to root for her if she turns because she was on TV SO much for a while.

That trailer coming from Michael Bay doesn't surprise me in the least.

No "Hardcore Country" tonight thank goodness.

So-so match. At least Gail's doing stuff now.

Best of Pink Floyd? Way to strike while the iron's hot.

I don't think this one's going to get "This Is Wrestling" chants.

So yeah, that happened.

Ok, putting the train back on the tracks here.

I guess they had to do something to remind us those teams were feuding heading to Sunday's match.

That guy's certainly no Vince McMahon in the charisma department.

I like Daniels' new tights. Good that he's changing up his look.

I could not care much less about this Bellator stuff.

Isn't there a match going on they could be talking about? You know... two guys who've feuded off and on for years?

Who are these people they're talking about?

Can Daniels use the screwdriver on this MMA guy?

That one made sense booking-wise to set up Daniels/RVD for Sunday.

They can pick "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan for all I care.

Good video package.

That makes sense.

Not a bad match. I just don't really care about most of these people. Maybe the new Abyss will be interesting enough for me.

Yeah, Roode's better as a heel.

I like the new Beer Money themes.

They didn't even clean him up and bandage him?

Put him in the Crossface!!!

That was kind of dumb. I was hoping he'd go mega-heel on him.

Roode vs. Styles with 3 days of build. I guess they had to do something.

That's all for Thursday's wrestling. I'll be back for Smackdown tomorrow. A news post will be up at some point before then. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment