Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

WWE Survivor Series thoughts

Tonight, WWE presents Survivor Series. It's a show with a lot of history, and that looks to be added to tonight. Not only does The Rock return to the ring after 7 years, but he teams with his WrestleMania 28 opponent John Cena. They face off with the dastardly Awesome Truth. Also, Alberto Del Rio defends his WWE Championship against C.M. Punk, two behemoths collide when Mark Henry puts his World Heavyweight Championship on the line against Big Show, and Randy Orton will lead his team against Wade Barrett's. RThat and more tonight. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

Cole, Booker, and Lawler. WHY?

Ugh. Laurinaitis.

I do to, New York. I do to.

Ziggler's got skills, that's for sure. Hard working man.

And Morrison's earning his stripes here as well.

These guys are good.

Damn solid match. It's a shame it might be the last time we see these two face off. Great start to the show.

That would have been the perfect time for an impromptu title match, but I guess they're saving that match for TLC?

I hate that butt shake. SO much. She's usually a good wrestler when she doesn't do stuff like that. Ditto for Kelly.

I did NOT expect this from Eve. Good stuff. Whoever's changing the Divas division for the better by letting them do this kind of thing gets a tip of the hat from me.

2 for 2 for good matches so far.

Ouch. Well then, not really surprising Dolph was first out since he had a match earlier.

Great spots with Barrett breaking to ringside. That doesn't look too good for Cara.

Good use of Mason. I liked Rhodes outsmarting him.

Crazy combinations in this match. Entertaining, though, and that's what matters.

Good work by everyone. Rhodes continues to impress.

Orton vs. 4 men. This should be good.

That elimination made sense. Swagger was already pretty beaten.

Good action, though that ending looked like it came from nowhere. I'm glad Barrett and Rhodes got the rub, but it felt kind of rushed. Hmm.

That doesn't sound too good for Sin Cara. I seem to remember that his knee has given him trouble throughout his career. I hope it's not too bad, as he could have a heck of a future in the company.

Hahaha, Del Rio. Good stuff.

Big Show looks like a superhero here.

Not really feeling that one. It had some good spots, but it ended with Big Show looking really strong and that's not really something I enjoy seeing.

I love the chants here.

Two of my favorite workers of 2011 doing what they do best. I like it.

Great stuff from both men.

That was damned awesome. Fantastic ring psychology. I might have preferred Del Rio holding onto the title longer, but Punk's a good choice for champion as well. Follow-up as always is key.

Rock hasn't missed a beat.

Oh, MSG crowd...

I love this. Miz and R-Truth aren't looking like jabronis like some feared.

Ahh, God, that was good.

And there's your set up for WrestleMania. Great for Rock, good for Cena, and not as bad as expected for Miz and R-Truth.

All in all, a solid show. WWE continues to mostly do good things on their PPVs. Of course, the focus after this event is on The Rock, but I think there'll be good things in other areas for other people as well.

That's all for my thoughts on Survivor Series. I'll be back for Raw, and a news post will be up later in the day. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment