Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

Raw thoughts- 11/21/11

Last night featured the return of The Rock, and he did what he does best. John Cena, The Miz, and R-Truth all got the smackdown laid on them. Also at Survivor Series, C.M. Punk defeated Alberto Del Rio to become the new WWE Champion. What will be the fallout of the biggest event of the fall? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

NNNNNOOOOOO. We got enough of this three-man catastrophe at the PPV.

I thought Cena would start off the show, but this is good too.

Cheer this man.

I love it.

I like this title reign already.

Take us to this magical place, Punk. No Laurinaitis, no Nash, and ice cream bars for everyone!

I'm ok with "WWE Universe", but Punk's right.

Dynamic. Get it?

Real innovative, Ace. I'd prefer Punk to face him at the PPV.

Punk vs. Ziggler works for me. Ziggler's worthy of facing a main eventer.

That "We Want Ryder" chant eventually got there.

Ziggler, Ryder, Del Rio, and Punk all getting shots to show what they can do tonight. And WWE's supposedly stuck in the past?

They chanted that at The Rock!?

Ryder Revolution! Talented midcarders, take note of what this man is doing!

WWE's starting to feel like the Showcase Showdown with them hyping those cars.

I love Ryder's spunk and hard work, but Del Rio needs to look good here. If a former WWE Champion can't knockoff someone who is for now a comedy midcarder, there's a serious problem.

He's getting over, I'll give him that.

Z-Ryde. NO.

Cue complaints that they're burying Ryder and how baffling it is that WWE doesn't push young talent. They're trying to keep Del Rio strong.

Swagger would be another good choice for Booker to face when he returns to the ring.

If I'm quiet, I'm generally liking what I'm seeing, and I'm pretty quiet for Sheamus/Swagger.

Enjoyable match.

And we go from promoting Punk and Ziggler to Kevin Nash.

This week on Remembering the '90s...

Are there any fans who wanted to see Kevin Nash vs. Triple H headline Survivor Series?

Now, back to 2011 and Cody Rhodes. I'm not so sure losing the mask (and the awesome voice effect) has been to his advantage.

Rhodes should get the win here to add prestige to his title reign.

Are they teasing Rhodes vs. Booker?

I thought he was going to go out to the Cobra for a second there.

And more building for Rhodes. Cool.

"Tell me. He did NOT. Just do that."

Rhodes feuds with Booker, and then Booker's former partner Goldust. Book it (Rhodes beats both and looks like a star).

Punk vs. Ziggler already? Damn.

Ugh. Christmas. At least Ryder got some plugs there.

That song's hardly recognizable now.

My body is ready for Punk vs. Ziggler. At least, I think it is.

Punk's next area of change should be the commentary.

Promote the match between the WWE Champion and U.S. Champion or talk about Twitter? Hmm...

Ziggler's getting better. Every time we think he's going to get lost in the midcard shuffle, he has an impressive performance and stays alive.

Haha, nice handstand. I'm really liking him lately.

I loved the G2S counter.

+1 Credibility for Ziggler.

Great drama here with the covers and counters.

I hereby nominate "Zig Zag Man" for worst nickname of the year.

Solid, solid stuff from Ziggler and Punk. Ziggler's earning a spot higher up the card.

SSSHHHHH. Didn't see him kicking out of the elbow.

If you're missing Raw, you're missing a hell of a match.

Awesome ending. Applause for both men.

Good God what a DVD set. WWE can put together some solid hype packages.

The ffff.... that was odd. I liked it. Thumbs up to whoever puts these things together.

Good Big Show promo, as far as those go.

I expected AJ and Kaitlyn to be playing, but that made more sense.

Kind of a cheesy segment. They didn't beat them up or anything?

Wade Barrett - smooth criminal.

I just figured out what's going on with the little Twitter box. Clever. More in the upcoming news post.

Barrett's got some serious skills. Big, agile, and technically gifted? The sky is hopefully his limit.

I wonder what the future holds for the tag team division with Bourne still out.

I'm ok with not hearing King tonight. Three commentators is too many.

I'm impressed with all the trending topics and all, but I don't know if they need to push it this much.

Super Wasteland?

Kofi's pretty good, too.

Good stuff. I like both of these guys.

Barrett vs. Orton. I can dig it.

Whoa. Talk about your mixed reactions.

John Cena's like a late night talk show host with a weekly monologue.

You think Fruity Pebbles will trend?

Damn. Cole beat me to it.

OOOOOHHH. Awesome Truth time.

At least Miz and Truth are still thorns in Cena's side.

Why would you ever try to sell people as not being legitimate threats that no one cares about?

Kind of an odd end to the show. Why should these two believe Cena?

Oh, that works better.

Hmmm... should we really split such an entertaining duo? I think WWE could make it work.

And that's it for Raw. I'll be back for NXT on Wednesday, and a news post will be up later. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment