Total Pageviews

Friday, May 4, 2012

NXT thoughts - 4/25/12

It's the dawning of a new era on NXT as Curt Hawkins, Tyler Reks, Darren Young, and Titus O'Neil have all left the show. Who will step up in their absence? William Regal and Matt Striker present the 4/25 NXT. Read on for my thoughts of it as it happened.

It didn't take that long for the intro to get really outdated. Unless we're getting some re-drafting and rehiring.

Glad to see them selling Mathews' attack.

I like the "NXT graduates" idea.

Talk about a lack of a reaction for the graduation! I have a similar reaction to Hornswoggle being on the show.

I've lost track of who's a Rookie on the show, since Curtis won and Percy wasn't really "added back into the competition".

Well, there's one way to get JTG back doing something relevant.

I'm good with that match, but not that addition to commentary.

Nice fire from Bateman.

JTG stands for "Just That Gangsta" if I'm not mistaken.

I cracked up at the inside references on commentary.

I like JTG in the ring. He seems like he's grown in that regard.

Two motivated superstars showing what they've got in the ring. I like it.

Hornswoggle's commentary is a little rough.

Good enough backstage segment with Percy, Kaitlyn, etc.. I wish more shows were this "laid back" with those instead of people yelling all the time.

I knew Striker would pick Kaitlyn.

Barber Shop Window reference!!!

Not a bad Divas' match. Just briefer than I would have liked.

Striker and Maxine on commentary will be fun.

Looks like we're going to have a substitute partner. Where's Trent Barreta been?

Oh, maybe we'll just have a one-on-one.

Impressive start to the main event.

McGillicutty sounds quite confident in his role on commentary. Good work.

I think McGillicutty and Lesnar are buddies, so it makes sense that he put him over on commentary.

This match is pretty good, as is the commentary. This is what happens when you pull the reins back and let people do what they do best.

Kidd and Curtis have earned their roster spots in a time WWE might be looking to make some cuts.

Whatever Kidd calls his submission finisher, it's awesome.

Good send-off to the show.

There's just one evaluation to do this time with the other two Rookies out of the competition. I'll add any new performers when they show up. 5 is ready for the main roster, 4 is closer there than not there, 3 is in the middle, 2 is closer to being someone who should go back to FCW, and 1 is someone who should either go back to FCW or be released.

Derrick Bateman- 4 (Last week: 4). Bateman had a "5" week, though his involvement was too brief to jump back to that level on the whole. He showed that when properly motivated, he has the fire to be someone who could work as part of Raw or Smackdown. He still has some room to grow in longer matches, but I don't see anything that would derail him from eventually making it back to a 5.

That's all for the 4/25 NXT. I should have the 4/26 Superstars and Impact Wrestling up tomorrow. The 4/25 news post is up next.

2 comments:

  1. Chuck, I've been checking for your updates on the latest SmackDown. Still been busy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My internet connection has been acting up lately. It SHOULD be up today. I've had finals up through today and my medicine makes me sleepy earlier, so that's what I've been up to. It's still going to take some time to catch up, unfortunately. I'm going to try to get through the 5/1 news post tonight but no guarantees.

    ReplyDelete