Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Superstars and Impact Wrestling thoughts - 4/26/12

The 4/26 Superstars features the renewal of a rivalry as The Miz faces off once more with Alex Riley. Then, on the 4/26 Impact Wrestling, it's Open Fight Night. Who will answer the challenges thrown down? The TV Title will be on the line, and Gut Check hits Spike TV. Plus, Ric Flair remembers the career of Eric Bischoff. Read on for my thoughts on the shows as they happened.
The Miz is on Superstars. I can't stress that enough.

Camacho's finally going to have a match that isn't on a live event or a battle royal.

Camacho is 2nd-generation as well. His father is Haku a.k.a. Meng a.k.a. someone you do NOT want to cross.

Not a bad start from Camacho.

The Usos are growing on me as an act the fans are behind given the Uso chants.

Maxine on Superstars works for me. Talented chick.

Maxine's a keeper. I can't believe I had her ranked so low in Season 3 of NXT.

Kelly's a hard worker in her own right.

And Maxine loses in her home town. The tradition continues. She looked good in defeat, though.

I should just skip video packages as a rule when I'm watching something online.

These two had a PPV grudge match, and now they're on a show that doesn't air on TV in the U.S..

I do like Striker and Stanford's commentary, but I don't tune in just to hear them.

Riley's too impressive to be fed to Lord Tensai.

Miz is doing pretty well, too.

Miz and Riley are just doing good stuff in this match. There isn't much else to say.

I'm glad Stanford remembers the Reality Check that used to be Miz's finisher.

Miz and Riley just play off of each other well. I'm impressed.

Did they really go the whole match without mentioning Miz's title match at the pre-show for Extreme Rules?

On to Impact Wrestling. I'm actually looking forward to the Open Fight Night theme since it might be something different for once.

I'd think pretty much everyone would challenge Bobby Roode.

I assume that "unknown wrestler" footage is from OVW.

There's some energy in the air for Open Fight Night.

I like this idea so far, with the tag team title defense.

Devon gets to pick his opponents? I guess Hogan trusts him to be a fighting champion.

I liked the water bottle spot. Kind of an old-school ECW feel to Open Fight Night.

For some reason I'm ok with seeing Ray vs. Devon tonight. Both are still on their games, even though this doesn't do anything directly for the TNA Originals.

And Devon's reign continues. I hope they build someone to get a big win that mean something over him.

I thought he couldn't be called Eric Bischoff anymore?

Part of me thinks it won't be any of those teams challenging for the titles. MCMG makes sense for free TV.

Fair enough backstage segment with Angle, Kaz, and Daniels.

I wish the heels and faces had separate locker rooms backstage. It's an extreme example, but Stone Cold and Vince McMahon wouldn't be shown calmly standing next to each other in '99.

Is Borash going to call someone out?

Worked shoot time. For the uninitiated, Bischoff thew Borash under a bus on Twitter and now TNA's making an angle about it.

Not really sure what Bischoff/Borash accomplishes outside of getting Internet fans talking. It's not like they don't know about TNA.

Of course, TNA devotes a lot of time to writing Bischoff off. If he's leaving the show, why devote so much time to him?

I miss Homicide. Hasn't everyone already beaten Mexican America?

Not only can 2 people not beat them, but 1 person can't beat them? That doesn't even make sense.

Why is Angle fighting Mexican America? I don't understand this company sometimes.

An injured Kurt Angle can still destroy a 100% Anarquia with a head start. What does that say about TNA's priorities?

Al Snow books OVW, so he would know what Silva is like. If this was a shoot, he'd be one of the judges I'd pick.

This is an interesting booking dilemma: Either beat the young guy with the "established" wrestler or try to springboard him on his first night.

This is kind of sloppy early.

Valuable insight by Taz and Snow.

I like them putting over the Gut Check concept. I hope we get to see some strong new talents added to the mix as a result of it.

Silva showed some potential, but he's not someone I'd instantly sign.

The future of the business gets less time than talk of a "fired" executive.

While I'm not a fan of this much Hogan on TV, I kind of like this concept to get the titles over.

It makes sense that the team that lost at Lockdown wouldn't get the title shot.

Promos aren't Tessmacher's strong suit. That was kind of painful.

If TNA didn't do PPVs, Open Fight Night would be a good substitute. As it is, it feels kind of redundant.

For once, I cracked up at Taz's commentary with the line about keeping Brooke down on the mat.

Gail vs. Tessmacher at Sacrifice?

I just don't care for Kazarian. I'm pretty much indifferent to the angle he's in, too.

Good video package on Roode/RVD.

I'm starting to think the lawyer gimmick might be some kind of rib on Abyss, like the Prince Justice Brotherhood was.

Hogan is all over this show, isn't he?

Curious as to what they'll do with Anderson and Hardy.

Yep, looks like Anderson's about to go heel again.

Good work in this match so far. I especially like the double-teams from the champs.

Bischoff getting a throne is kind of funny.

Maybe Bully, Gunner, Kazarian, and Daniels can be the new Fortune?

Flair's married? Again?

This Bischoff segment is dying a slow, agonizing death.

At least the "wind beneath my wings" line was amusing.

They're chanting for everyone but Garett. What does that say?

I wonder whose idea the ROH reference was.

At least theoretically this does something for Aries, MCMG, etc..

Stupid ending to the show.

That's all for the 4/26 Superstars and Impact Wrestling. The 4/27 Smackdown should be up tomorrow as I continue to catch up. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment