Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Smackdown thoughts - 5/4/12

Following Extreme Rules, Sheamus retained the World Title and Randy Orton defeated Kane. How will things build towards Over The Limit? Read on for my thoughts on the 5/4 Smackdown as it happened.

Advertising video packages is odd to me. Tune in tonight to see what happened Monday night!

I wish WWE came with an alternate commentary option like movies.

I don't remember the last time someone went from being #1 Contender to the World Title to the WWE Title or vice versa within a week like Bryan has.

I like Bryan zeroing in on the shoulder.

Sheamus and Bryan gel pretty well. Two smashmouth guys.

Smart by Del Rio to go for the already hurt arm.

I like seeing Sheamus, Bryan, and Del Rio in the title pictures instead of the "old guard" (Cena, HHH, Kane, Big Show).

I wonder if A.W. will step into the ring.

Little Jimmy might need to stay out of the ring from now on.

A.W. used to stand for Abraham Washington back in FCW.

The chairs on the stage harken back to when NXT was a competition.

Hunico's pretty impressive. They should do more with him.

Booker, on the other hand, is terrible and is taking away from my enjoyment of what's currently a good tag match.

I wonder how over WWE expected Brodus' gimmick to be.

I also wonder if Naomi and Cameron will wrestle.

Fine enough match for what they used it for (continuing the feud and having Brodus dance with the fans).

I'm not crazy about Eve's performances.

Interesting entrance music for Sandow. Interesting TitanTron too.

Sandow looks like he'd be right at home with some wine near a fireplace.

Sandow can talk; I'll give him that.

That was a weird "debut", but it was something different.

Ryback moves from people who work one night for the company to someone who only appears on online shows most of the time.

Ryback's an impressive guy physically.

The ending to Rhodes/Big Show was pretty stupid.

I think Cody might be the next Randy Orton. In a good way.

How I wish Rhodes won with the Disaster Kick.

Booker is just embarrassing on commentary.

I wonder why they're not doing a TV rematch with Rhodes and Show, unless they're out of BS ways for him to retain the title.

I think Layla might need some new music. It doesn't fit the new face performer.

I don't know who Layla worked with during her time off, but she's notably better.

Jesus, AJ can hit. Nice segment that should have gotten more time.

Four people on commentary is at least one too many. Probably 2. Call Booker to Eve's office or something.

I like Bryan's targeted attacks.

Bryan pulling off the tape is a pretty smart heel move.

Pretty good match, commentary aside.

Cool ending, though I would think it would make sense to have the face vulnerable. He was fending off two interferers, and was hurt in a match earlier in the evening. He would have been protected in a loss.

That's all for the 5/4 Smackdown. The 5/7 Raw should be up tomorrow. In the mean time, some news posts are coming. Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this segment. I was imploding with laughter after I saw this. This guy has really grown on me. I don't think he will be a World Champion, but I can see why he is currently a champion. Fifty seconds into this one.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IHBA8cvZuM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly and par for the course for Santino. I liked the "Rocky" bits and spitting at Heath Slater better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Both were good. By the way, did you hear about this? If not, I hate to keep spoiling it for you, but you will be as excited as I am to see this.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1187269-john-cena-announces-wwe-raw-will-permanently-move-to-a-3-hour-slot-in-july

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have a hard enough time filling 3 hours every once in a while, and then asking us to pay for 3 hours every month. Yikes.

    In other news, my computer had to be sent off for repairs so when it comes back (no time frame yet) I'll just go back to "real time" and skip everything I haven't caught up on. Otherwise it would take me a really long time to catch up, and I need to be using my time more constructively.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fair enough. I'm interested to see your opinion of the 5/11 SmackDown, though. In particular, the Young/Titus match with Santino and Ryder. Once you have a chance, let me know your thoughts on the team's progression. I'll send you the link just in case to save you some time.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hKFrUhUW5o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link. I'll watch it today. My computer is back for now (they have to do something else to it next week). Let me know what you think of the new style of the blog, too. It should be easier to tell what I'm getting at.

    ReplyDelete