Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/17/12

Read on for my thoughts on the 5/17 Superstars and Impact.

Not much to write home about in Riley vs. Slater. Riley showed how good he can be with comebacks and Slater was... well, Slater.

Lord Tensai continued to be dominant. He went from feuding with Cena to being on Superstars. And WWE wonders why not many acts break out as important.

And a fine tag match to close Superstars. Ziggler and Swagger showed that they continue to have what it takes to make it in WWE. Hopefully they're eventually top-tier guys if they keep improving.

Bobby Roode gave a Bobby Roode Promo to start Impact. He's solid in his delivery, but him consistently beating babyfaces eventually gets old. That said, I think I'd rather have him be champion than the 40+ year old RVD.

Good use of Hogan playing off of Roode to set up the title match qualifiers. I just don't know how much gas is left in the story of Roode as Champion.

RVD doing anything after that brutal ladder match is commendable. He's still got it. Bully did a good job focusing on the injuries, and I liked the "one-man 3D".

Good promo with Bully Ray and Abyss' "brother".

I guess King Mo's going to be a big deal, fairly quick in TNA given how much hype they're giving the signing. I hope he doesn't end up like Sin Cara.

So-so Knockouts segment.

I'm kind of surprised that Styles won the battle royal instead of Garett Bischoff. I half-expect him to be TNA Champion by the end of the year.

Ok Styles promo. Those are never his strong point.

I still don't care what's going down between Styles and Dixie Carter, unless one of them's leaving TNA or something.

Angle and Joe are always on-spot to continue the rivalry that could have made TNA. I wish they would have taken the Taz/Sabu route instead of having it be Angle's first major rivalry.

Anderson was Anderson in his promo.

Not much to say on Anderson vs. Hardy. They've done about all they can do with the two of them.

Good Knockouts match. They meshed well and pulled out some good moves.

Good video packages on TNA's history.

And a nice main event to end the show. I'd like to see them both go all-out again.

The show ended with a solid teaser for next week, which I think more shows need to have.

That's all for my thoughts on the 5/17 wrestling. The 5/18 Smackdown should be up tonight as well. A news post is up next. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment