Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Smackdown Reax - 5/18/12

Read on for my thoughts on the 5/18 Smackdown.
It's really time to do something new with John Laurinaitis. The act's running kind of thin. Instead of him getting a promo, maybe some of the wrestlers could get TV time?

Punk, on the other hand, gave a typically inspired promo. Good to see him on Smackdown.

I'm not looking forward to the rest of the show if it's going to center around Laurinaitis.

While it felt early to do Young/Titus vs. the tag champs, they mostly held their own with Kofi and Truth. I'm quite impressed with the new pairing. If they keep Darren as the less-intense character, he'll eventually become someone I look forward to seeing I think. The match in general was good.

Nice segment with the very contrasting Ryder and Sandow.

Sandow's very odd run continues on Smackdown with a solid promo and attack. It has me typing, so it's working to garner a reaction and buzz in at least one fan. Looking forward to more from the enlightened one.

Good segment to build tension between Orton and Sheamus.

Bryan vs. Ryder was nice and intense. Bryan looked good going into a big WWE Title match while it didn't hurt Ryder to lose to a former World Champion.

Kane and Punk both brought their A-games. I liked the story that they told. Punk can really dig deep and put his body on the line. Very, VERY clever of Bryan to frame Punk and have Kane beat him down. It set up Bryan to have the upper hand at the PPV.

Weird booking with Santino vs. Rhodes. Cody should be moving up to bigger things. Though maybe the win elevates Santino and both of them end up with bright futures?

Orton vs. Sheamus was phenomenal. They've really got some chemistry. I hope both become top-tier guys for years to come as the talent transition continues.

The post-main event was good to set up the 4-Way title match.

That's all for the 5/18 Smackdown. The 5/21 Raw should be up tomorrow. The 5/18 news post is up next.  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Chuck, what's been going on with the lack of posts? Been busy since class ended?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My computer had to go back to the shop until the middle of the week. I'll be playing catch-up for a while longer it seems. At least I've been able to watch the shows and take notes this time (unlike the hospital stay). I might end up getting a part-time job soon that will keep it from being as quick as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete