Total Pageviews

Friday, May 11, 2012

Superstars and Impact Wrestling thoughts- 5/3/12

On the 5/3 edition of Superstars, the young talents of WWE show their stuff. On the 5/3 edition of Impact Wrestling, we get all the fall-out from Open Fight Night including the fate of Alex Silva, plus build to Roode vs. RVD at Sacrifice. Read on for my thoughts on the shows as they happened!
Any day I see Dolph Ziggler wrestle is a good day. I dig the coat.

Mason walks alone inside a pit of danger.

Didn't take long for Mason to get the upper hand.

I like the Striker/Stanford team.

Ziggler puts it all into his character and I like that.

Ziggler beat Ryan? I'm actually surprised given that Ziggler's usually the bumper who puts a big guy over.

Raw was something, alright.

Ryder's another guy who puts a lot into his character in a good way.

This should be an interesting clash.

McGillicutty and Ryder could both use some momentum in their careers right now.

Nice camera shot on the Broski Boot.

Also a good Mr. Perfect reference from Striker.

Fine enough match.

Skipping video packages for time purposes...

Khali makes our second ex-World Champ on Superstars.

I think Jinder's out of his element having to carry Khali.

And that was the Superstars main event.

Skipping video packages to get to...

Impact Wrestling!

Bischoff's on TV a lot for someone who got "kicked from the company".

Starting the show cold with the most decorated World Champion of all time? Come on, now.

Seeing Flair do the same act he always does at his age is kind of sad. The stars of 2012 and beyond need some TV time to get over with the crowd. They can't rely on Flair and Hogan forever.

I feel sorry for the people watching Impact who got tired of Hogan and Flair more than a decade ago.

Hogan and Flair are like the two grandparents arguing in the stands at the youth football game.

I don't think there's a single theme song in TNA I like listening to outside of Winter's.

I don't care too much who the Knockouts Champion is. They need someone to come in and shake everything up in the division like Awesome Kong did.

At least the 5/31 show could have a surprise. TNA needs something different that isn't Hogan or Bischoff related.

Silva was ok. If he was their first choice, I'm a little concerned.

So-so Knockouts match. I'm fine with Tessmacher vs. Gail. Gail's beaten pretty much everyone else.

I like RVD and Roode picking each other's opponents.

Jeff Jarrett winning via interference was a staple of TNA pre-Spike TV.

I saw RVD do this same kind of thing in 2001. If ratings were up since he came back, I'd be more forgiving of that.

I hope the long title reign for Roode doesn't end for someone who's over 40. It's gone on for over 6 months.

RVD vs. Jeff Hardy is something else I saw in 2001. I'm ready for something new.

The Robbies' cardigans are hysterical.

I don't think we "need" a new champion in Devon vs. Robbie T.. I would like something fresh, though. Maybe save a title change for PPV?

I wonder how long Gut Check will last.

Devon finally looks vulnerable. I'm glad the younger guys didn't do the job.

I can't look at Pritchard and not thing of Brother Love.

I hope Snow and Pritchard do watch for talent intently.

I like the talent evaluation segment. It's more interesting than Eric Bischoff.

20's pretty young for a full-fledged TNA deal.

The fans don't run the business!?

RVD/Hardy should be a big deal. Two former WWE Champions.

Hogan's all over TV, eh?

They're talking about Silva a lot for someone who's had 1 match on TV.

It's a shame they can't just show an earlier RVD/Hardy match from WWE.

Sloppy finish.

Do we really need that much set up for Abyss to come back? Seriously, his brother should sue TNA or something to find out where he went.

TNA's STILL talking about the fired Eric Bischoff.

I wish I could fast-forward through Bully Ray vs. Jeremy Borash.

Austin Aries saving us from a painful segment.

At least Aries/Bully is interesting. Took Aries long enough to hit him, though.

I thought Angle turned face? Why does he still want to make Styles tap?

Daniels and Kazarian better hope TNA stays in business a long time. WWE would have them jobbing to Ryback, Brodus, or Tensai.

Joe and Magnus are two of the guys who really have "it" in TNA.

Good work by the tag champs.

Nice counter into the ankle lock by Angle.

I could not care much less about Styles' secret. How many times do we have to see Styles fight Daniels?

Yes, Gut Check is basically Tough Enough. I'm fine with that since WWE isn't doing it.

TNA's Head of Creative is the deciding vote. Who'd have thought?

I'm glad Flair gave him a second promo. The first one was dying.

Passionate promo by Silva. Give him experience and he MIGHT make it. I haven't seen his OVW work, and that was a big part of him passing. We'll see what he's got in the months to come.

Fine enough main event so far.

Another convoluted finish with questionable face/heel alignment for Anderson.

Never turn your back on someone with a chair!

That's all for the 5/3 Superstars and Impact Wrestling. The 5/4 Smackdown should be up tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment