Total Pageviews

Monday, May 28, 2012

Raw Reax - 5/21/12

Read on for my thoughts on the 5/21 Raw!

Strong opening promo by Cena. He can get fired up when he needs to be.

Laurinaitis did what he does in his promo. I hope there's an endgame to him keeping his job, because the show doesn't need him.

I wasn't crazy about Big Show's promo. Even heel, the act is pretty stale. He's a big guy who knocks people out.

Otunga was amusing. I'm glad that he's back.

Not much to say about Otunga vs. Cena. Cena ran through him pretty quickly.

Interesting post-match. It's like we have a new mini-Nexus or Corre or something.

Santino and Ricardo were entertaining, but the segment seemed a bit out of place.

Orton vs. Del Rio looked like it would have really developed into a good match had Jericho not interfered.

Odd segment with Jericho. I guess he'll face Orton at No Way Out.

Daniel Bryan delivered with another strong promo.

I like the use of Kane to continue the Punk/Bryan feud.

Kane vs. Bryan was good for what it accomplished in the bigger WWE Title feud. Matches mean more when they're tools in a bigger story.

The post-match was also nice. I hope for a submission match between the ROH alumni.

Intriguing situation between Punk and AJ. I look forward to seeing where the two of them end up.

Christian vs. Mahal was solid. The IC Champ hasn't lost a step and is a very dependable performer who can work a good match with anyone. That's the mark of someone who's at the top of the class. Mahal was good as well. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch.

Impressive performances by Beth and Kelly Kelly. I guess Beth's in-line for a rematch.

The main event was pretty good for what it was. I'm glad Cena and Sheamus didn't just mow the opposition down like they could have.

The post-match chaos was also well done. Hopefully Cena does something fresh after feuding with Big Show for a while.

That's all for my thoughts on the 5/21 Raw. I'll get to everything else I'm missing when I'm able. Up next, the 5/21 news post.

No comments:

Post a Comment