Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

Raw thoughts - 5/7/12

On the 5/7 Raw we get the fallout from Brock Lesnar attacking Triple H, and continue the road to C.M. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan for Over The Limit. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happened!
It makes sense to start the show with Laurinaitis after last week.

I'd often wondered why Laurinaitis sounded that way.

It's pretty funny seeing Laurinaitis back in his wrestling days.

Punk's account of Laurinaitis in Japan sounds a little more accurate.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Punk vs. Tensai.

Don't we get enough of Big Show on Smackdown?

Oh no. Show might win the title back.

I think I'm ok with the stupid tables match ending since it put the title back on Rhodes.

If the reason Goldust was fired has something to do with why they're making Cody look so bad, I hate him even more.

Blah. Maybe this angle leads to Show getting fired by Laurinaitis?

Nice main event.

I wonder how they'll ever write Little Jimmy off.

I also wonder how big AW's stable will end up.

Good wrestling between Kofi and Dolph.

I was wondering what Mason Ryan had been up to.

Fine match, though we've seen Kofi vs. Dolph a lot of times.

Good promo by Cena. I don't know why Cole had to be in the ring to interview him, though.

Oh cool, Maxine's on Raw.

Raw comes to the arena closest to my house and someone in the front row has an "I love beer" shirt. Nice.

Layla's quite impressive lately. I'm glad she's back.

WWE makes money off of YouTube, so that's now more important than wrestling.

Punk/Tensai headlining makes sense, since Punk's the WWE Champion.

Jericho's jackets are crazy.

Good work on Orton early.

All four men know what they're doing in there, and it's good to see. They're also all quite crisp due to their years of experience (some pre-WWE).

I love how Jericho's lost to Punk but still calls himself the best in the world.

Sheamus is a house of fire off the tag. Everyone here is solid.

Creative ending and aftermath. I'd like more from these four.

Solid segment to set up a 4-Way.

Miz isn't the only one who noted the King Hippo resemblance with Brodus. No bandages on the stomach though.

I'm glad Miz is getting in a lot of offense on Brodus, since he's a former WWE Champion who headlined WrestleMania.

Nice cast for the COO.

Pretty cool seeing Heyman again, though he looks like he's seen better days. He can still talk, though!

Good use of Heyman to continue the Brock story.

Kind of weird to put Bryan and Tensai together, since it looks like Bryan could turn face soon given the reactions he's getting.

Punk and Bryan can go. I wish we had more of them and less of Khali, Mason Ryan, etc..

Tensai's impressive in his own right.

Punk and Bryan work like clockwork.

Good use of Sakamoto.

It sort of took 3 guys and some mist to beat Punk, so I think he'll survive the loss.

Good end to the show to set up the title match (which should always be the end goal of TV - selling the PPV).

That's all for the 5/7 Raw. The 5/7 news post should be up today as well. The 5/9 NXT could be up either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment