Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 11/12/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

It's really bizarre to be covering what could be one of the final episodes of TNA's top show. If they do come back in 2015, it will almost definitely be a departure from what we see now as the budget will probably be cut.

Fine opening segment to get to the gist of things. I like the idea of Lashley vs. MVP going forward.

That was a really good segment with The Revolution and The Wolves. Pretty clever implementation of the briefcase, too. Storm's one of the highlights of TNA these days.

I think that match was fine for doing the title switch. I think they can do something fun with Storm and Abyss going forward. I wonder where The Wolves go from here. I imagine they'll eventually do Davey vs. Eddie, but that might be saved for down the line.

Good post-match. The Wolves were pretty much just left for dead.

I liked Madison vs. Taryn for what it was: just a bunch of hard-hitting action. I think Taryn vs. Havok will be interesting if that ends up going down.

I'm a little surprised Roode's theoretically not on this show. I guess TNA would feel the need to have him defend the title if he was. I wonder if there's a big match planned for next week, since there won't be any new material for at least a month unless there's a huge last-minute change.

Interesting stuff between Manik and Shera. I think it'd be cool to have a group of faces form against The Revolution.

I liked the King/Anderson/Melendez segment well enough. King's a good talker.

Gail vs. Taryn vs. Havok should be big. If Gail's going out, it makes sense for her to go out in a match involving Taryn.

That wasn't too terrible of an elimination match, I guess. It just felt like a bunch of wrestlers thrown together to fill some time, and wasn't amazingly coherent from that perspective.

Fine babyface segment with EY and Spud. I'd like to think Spud has a future in the business, inside or outside TNA.

Fine Revolution segment, too. I do think it's pretty cool to have Storm and Abyss working together given how they've both been in TNA since its early years.

Young vs. Tyrus was pretty good, I think. Does EC3 keep Tyrus around after the loss?

Pretty kickass segment from Lashley. He's a beast, for sure. Lashley vs. Aries could really be something given their previous work.

I liked the Brittany/Shaw segment for what it was. Gunner vs. Shaw could be good, I guess. I imagine they'll just beat the hell out of each other with weapons.

It's a shame to have Joe drop the X-Division Title. It's also kind of weird, because he went on to have a match less than a month after this was taped. I'm not sure what's going on there, but we'll see how this all develops.

Bram kicking Dreamer's ass next week is fine by me. I'm tired of TNA living off the ECW nostalgia. That said, they only have so many talents to pull from to work at this stage, and can probably use every hand they can get. It would have made more sense for Bram to beat Devon since next week is his last appearance, but who knows why that didn't happen.

Gunner and Shaw beat the ever-loving $*%@ out of each other. It was destructive in a lot of ways, but it definitely left an impression. I commend them for what they put on the line there.

Another insanely hard-hitting match. Lashley and Aries were both amazing here. I hope they both have big futures in wrestling, because they both can really bring it.

Pretty solid post-match, too. Lashley's just insane as a beast. I hope there's more where this came from coming up.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment