Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 11/21/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I liked the opening video to set the stage for how important Survivor Series is.

I really enjoyed the opening segment. Michael Cole can be pretty good when he's put in the right role. I wonder how much to make of HHH saying Taker's gone. I guess we'll see in a few months if he's right. As for firing all the members of Team Cena, that definitely raises the stakes for Sunday. I'm excited for the match.

Rusev vs. Ziggler was really, really good. Rusev's got something worth developing, and Ziggler can have a great match with anyone.Great stuff.

Nice stuff in the post-match to add heat to Sunday.

I can only imagine if The Authority has some kind of insurance policy for Sunday. Cesaro?

I have a feeling Cesaro's going to get fed to Rowan. I think he'll make Rowan look strong, for what that's worth.

Nice promo by Miz. I think Kofi and Big E should be the next champions, but I like the work of Miz and Mizdow.

This Miz/Mizdow stuff is one of the weirdest gimmicks I can ever remember. It's funny in a goofy way, though. The match itself was good enough.

Really weird Ambrose/Wyatt segment, but I hope it was effective in selling their match.

The sooner this Bellas stuff is over, the better. I was kind of amused by AJ's impression of Nikki, but all in all, I'm pretty tired of Brie vs. Nikki. I'd much rather see some of the other Divas (including some NXT names) than those two.

I liked Rowan vs. Harper well enough. Rowan's effective as a big hoss who doesn't need to be fancy or technically proficient. I think there's still room for that type on the roster amid the high-flyers.

Weird stuff in the post-match. I like how neither of them need to talk much, if at all, to get their point across.

I really liked the Team Cena segment. We're in for a big bout Sunday night.

I liked the way they cut to commercial break there with Team Authority coming to the ring.

Nice match as far as building to Survivor Series. Rollins doing Orton's Garvin Stomp was a good touch.

Really awesome ending! I think people forget just how ruthless the HHH character can be.

More wrestling coming up.

3 comments:

  1. Survivor Series predictions:
    - Fandango beats Justin Gabriel or some other low-level heel on the pre-show. I think they might try him out as a face.

    - The face Divas win their match, because it has little consequence to anything in the main angles.

    - I really doubt we've seen the last of Nikki vs. Brie. I think Nikki will win the title somehow to set up a triple threat at TLC. Either that or Brie stops Nikki from getting the win and they go one-on-one again at TLC. I'm not looking forward to either.

    - I think Goldust and Stardust retain. I think The Ascension will debut soon and feud with The Usos. Maybe not quite yet, though.

    - I think Wyatt wins to set up a gimmick match next month.

    - I originally thought it was a no-brainer for Team Cena to win, but now it looks like there might be a big swerve in the works where (potential big spoiler) Team Authority wins, but Vince McMahon announces Sting as the new GM and he hires back Team Cena. This would build to HHH vs. Sting at WM31. That would definitely be interesting, and would also seem to add to the belief we have seen the last of Taker in the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting predictions. We'll see what happens.

    I honestly didn't even know Fandango and Gabriel were even part of the pre-show. I'll say Fandango will win by default. This may be the least effectively advertised pre-show match yet. Fandango being in line for a run as a face makes sense, so I'll say Fandango will take this one.

    I also didn't even know the divas had a match, either. I'll say the face divas will win, but does it really matter? lol.

    I also am not looking forward to the Bellas angle potentially continuing. I honestly was tired of that angle the very day it started. They have been best friends and sisters their whole lives, so it would take incredible acting for this angle to actually be successful. It has been far from it. I'll say AJ will keep her title, but it wouldn't surprise me if Nikki won it and Brie eventually won it from her, unfortunately.

    I'll say Goldust and Stardust will retain. This feud between both teams has been going on long enough, so I definitely think this will end the feud. I see another team (Kingston/Big E) or possibly another team coming in to challenge Goldust and Stardust next. I don't think Matadores have enough to take the titles compared to some other teams. I would prefer Sandow/Miz to take the titles, but maybe they're considering turning Sandow face due to the reaction he's been receiving?

    I will also say Wyatt will win. I see the feud continuing, since both are so talented.

    I am going to go with Team Cena. I don't see each member getting fired and it makes more sense for The Authority to lose power instead. Your prediction may make some sense, then again, it may be a big of a long shot.

    Any dark horse predictions/appearances?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left out expecting something with Rose and The Bunny if there's time.

    Fandango's advertised as returning to the ring. I just threw in a lower-card name who could face him. He could easily stay heel.

    I think they could have easily built an angle out of Alicia vs. Paige leading Survivor Series teams, but they had other priorities. I think there are talented Divas on the roster (and more in NXT), but they're generally pushed to the side in favor of the Total Divas stuff.

    About the only good thing that can come out of Nikki as champion is setting up her losing it to an NXT talent after WM31 in the same fashion as AJ. I think she could get enough heat for that to be a thing.

    Mizdow has really surprised me as far as the reactions he's gotten. I can only imagine where they go from here with him and Miz, but I hope they realize they're really onto something with his character.

    I know the Internet's buzzing about Sting appearing, and I think outside of Taker, HHH is the name he's talked about facing at WM31. I think it would be a great surprise, and Sting could hire everyone back either that night or the next at Raw. If it wasn't for that rumor, I'd definitely say it'd be another case of Cena overcoming the odds.

    I definitely think Randy Orton's likely to appear in some way. The show's in his hometown.

    ReplyDelete