Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Raw (and Post-Raw) Reax - 11/3/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I definitely didn't expect to see Vince again, although it makes sense given his appearance on Smackdown. Also, with ratings slumping, a big return is appropriate to get some buzz back in the product.

I also REALLY didn't expect there to be the possibility of no more Authority if they lose the match. Did HHH and Steph sign off on that? Wow.

I liked the backstage segment. I'm open to what things look like without The Authority in charge. If it means less HHH, Kane, and Stephanie on TV, I'm willing to give it a chance.

Really nice teaser into the commercial break. Good action in the opener so far.

Very good match between Cesaro and Ambrose. I want to see more of performers like them. It's time for a new WWE.

Fine post-match. Dean vs. Bray will be awesome.

Interesting stuff with HHH calling Orton. I think we're in for Orton turning face at Survivor Series to end The Authority. Go for it! I think the storyline's run its course, although they can probably continue the aftermath of the angle to set some stuff up for early 2015, possibly even leading to a Mania match to finish it off for good.

Good grudge match. Could WWE be building up the tag team division? I'm down.

Henry vs. Show is honestly kind of "meh" for me. I don't think I'd be too upset if both wrapped things up in 2015. Henry going out in Texas at WM32 would be nice, though. Maybe a one-off return match then?

I liked Sheamus vs. Kidd well enough. Kidd getting screen time against a former WWE Champion in a somewhat competitive match was a big plus. We need more of this.

Sheamus getting his heat back is fine. He's in a feud with a pretty prominent name right now, while Kidd's not doing much and technically won the match.

Really good segment between The Authority and Dolph. I hope he gets a big push out of this, because it's really time for some new names to be prominent. I'm curious to see if Noble and Mercury end up rounding out Team Authority. Not having HHH wrestle would be a shock.

Pretty good match. I'm excited for Orton turning on The Authority. I'm not a big Orton fan, but this is definitely something fresh. The Authority losing power hopefully means less screen time for the non-wrestlers.

Good post-match. I think Survivor Series will be a good card overall.

I wouldn't rule out Orton being on Team Cena with HHH being on Team Authority. Either way, it should be a good match as far as heat goes.

That was a good enough Luke Harper video. I'm curious to see where he and Rowan end up.

Nice stuff from Titus. I like how everyone wants to be in the main event.

Good enough showcase from Ryback in beating Titus. Titus is fine for what he needs to be. Ryback will hopefully progress into someone the company can do something with in big matches (like he was being pushed as before the run against Cena).

Honestly, that was a pretty good promo from Big Show. He's good in small doses.

Nice match between the two giants. It was exactly what it needed to be to keep things going. I don't think anyone expected a five-star classic here.

I liked the post-match. This angle's got some legs, I think.

Fine segment to try to get Henry on Team Authority. I guess that might be a "no" for Mercury and Noble competing then.

I only cared about that segment because of Erick Rowan. I hope this is a move toward less Total Divas stuff, but I won't get my hopes up.

Not a terrible Divas match. Emma's quite talented and plays her role well.

Not a bad post-match. Again, the less we have to see of the Bellas angle, the better.

Xavier Woods got a promo! I want more of this "underutilized names getting screen time" thing.

I like seeing Rusev tear people up. It's fun to watch monster heels squash people every so often.

I'm ready for Rusev vs. Sheamus. Should be a slobberknocker.

Rusev on Team Authority is a nice tease. It's got to be HHH wrestling then, though, right?

Fine enough match to continue to build toward a tag team clustermess at Survivor Series. I think everyone's fired up tonight.

Haha. Nice ending to what was a pretty great encounter between those two. WWE had pretty solid action all around tonight.

Really good ending. I'm excited for Survivor Series, and I'm glad the heat was put on Rollins instead of HHH or Kane.

Post-Raw:
Awesome match between Sheamus and Rusev. I think it was absolutely the right move to keep Sheamus as champion after HIAC in order to do the title switch here. Hopefully it's a big boost for the Network and for Rusev. Keep building him!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment