Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Main Event Reax - 11/18/14, Query on big names in TNA, Mero update, Sheamus injury note, Raw audience, Del Rio to TNA?, Authority note, Interviews with Foley/Y2J, new Survivor Series match, and Questions on reliving ECW, Liverpool, the initials WWE, The Authority, and Hunicara

Main Event:
I liked all the pre-match stuff for the opening match. Sometimes it's the little things that make all this matter.

I liked the tag match. WWE's got a pretty good division right now. I think The Ascension and The New Day will make great additions to it, and shake things up for everyone involved.

Good post-match. I like the Dusts as heels for some reason.

I liked Paige vs. Alicia well enough. They did the most with what they had. Where does Paige go from here now that she's not in the title picture?

Pretty weird Rose segment, but I think there's some real potential to him as a heel. Those who've seen him as Leo Kruger know what I'm talking about.

Wow. Good character progression for a match featuring a guy in a bunny costume. Kidd's a great heel, and Rose is growing on me in that regard.

Kidd's an awesome heel, as that post-match showed. I hope he's got a big future.

I enjoyed the Bray Wyatt promo. He brings something different to the table, and I appreciate that.

Nice ending to the show. Swagger's a talented guy for situations like this, and Wyatt's hopefully got a lot of staying power.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
First up, a query:
1. It looks like Kurt Angle will be going back to TNA for a part-time deal in 2015 (expected to be his last year as a wrestler), and there are rumblings of the former Alberto Del Rio going there as well. As for other big names, Bully Ray and Devon might come back, too. Outside of that? I haven't seen anyone mentioned.

Marc Mero has received good news, and will not need surgery. I'm glad to hear it. He's done pretty well post-wrestling.

Sheamus is fine after Raw. His injuries are just kayfabe. I wonder if he'll still be involved in Survivor Series, maybe preventing HHH from interfering? I'd be down for that.

Raw drew 3.78 million viewers Monday night. The show was pretty good, and set up a hot PPV.

The former Alberto Del Rio is reportedly in talks with both Lucha Underground and TNA, and may very well end up with both in 2015. That's pretty big for both leagues, especially if Rey Mysterio could be following. It won't put either on WWE's level, but is definitely a boost for them and can lead to bigger business if they use him right.

Triple H is advertised for the 12/15 Raw. I wouldn't read too much into that as far as Survivor Series goes.

Mick Foley discussed wrestling a bit as he promoted  his comedy show. I'm glad Mizdow's doing so well for himself.

Chris Jericho talked about C.M. Punk, Vince, and more. Jericho's great.

Added to Survivor Series is another elimination match: Natalya/Emma/Naomi/Alicia Fox vs. Paige/Layla/Summer Rae/Cameron. I'm glad they're on the card, but this one's pretty much meaningless. Maybe the winners should have a #1 Contendership match?

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. There's definitely a shift between Eastern Championship Wrestling and the Paul Heyman ECW. The Night The Line Was Crossed is a pretty good starting point as far as that goes.

2. I saw it as Vince acknowledging the hecklers and playing along with it, because it's clear they had taken over the tour by that point. WWE does work in the location to some degree, but they have larger narratives to tell and focus on those more.

3. I'm pretty sure the issues with the World Wildlife Fund have all been settled now. The issue with the Network is something else.

4. The story they're pushing is one where HHH and Stephanie disappear from TV in a loss, as in the "we'll only see them if they buy a ticket" speech. That may or may not be the case. I REALLY hope we get a break from them for a while. They can have HHH try to get his role back in a big match at Mania, but it would definitely be good for the characters to be absent from TV for a few months unless there's a compelling reason for them to be there (like a match at TLC and/or the Rumble involving their power).

5. As was said, Mistico did not work out in WWE. WWE went with someone who's smoother in the ring and has experience in the WWE system. I think Hunico's great in the role, personally.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment