Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 10/31/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

WWE might need to use Paul Heyman to promote the WWE Network at this point.

I'm not really sure why, but Paige dressing as Summer Rae is particularly hilarious to me.

Decent Nikki/Brie segment. The less we have to see of this stuff, the better.

Fine enough battle royal as far as costume battle royals go. I'm glad we're getting a break from AJ vs. Paige. I have a feeling Nikki will make Brie the special referee for the match and try to win the title that way. I think that would actually be pretty clever.

Good simple post-match to get things to the next level.

I have a feeling we're looking at four-fifths of The Authority's Survivor Series team. The only question is, will the fifth member be Orton or HHH?

I liked The Authority talking segment well enough. I kind of hope we do see Noble and Mercury compete for a while.

Kane vs. Ziggler was pretty good. I'm mostly OK with Kane winning clean. It's not like he totally destroyed Ziggler's credibility or anything.

Nice segment to segue to Rollins vs. Ziggler. They're doing a good job positioning Ziggler as the face in peril.

Well, that was quick and effective. I'm curious to see who fills out the teams for Survivor Series. I hope we some talented names get to work the main event.

I enjoy Slater as the loudmouth heel who gets his comeuppance. I think he was great in the lead-up to Raw 1000.

Fun match to re-establish Ryback. Some are predicting Ryback vs. Rusev or Ryback on Team Cena. I'm willing to see what he's got.

Interesting Adam Rose segment. I'm not sure how sold I am on him feuding with The Bunny, but the latter has shown some real talent. I assume the feud with Slater Gator is on hold for now (or dropped entirely).

Funny Miz/Mizdow segment. I'll be damned if Mizdow isn't making the most of this gimmick.

Not a bad MizTV segment, although the last thing I want is for more focus to be on Henry vs. Show than on Rusev. I've just seen Henry face Show so much, it's not exciting anymore.

I like the idea of there being a lot of talents who want to be in the main event of Survivor Series. I think I'd be OK with Goldust and Stardust working with The Authority, although Noble and Mercury make the most sense.

I think there was a lot of good action in the tag team match. I don't like faces cheating to win as a general rule (Eddie Guerrero being a rare exception), but the match itself was good.

I'm glad Rusev destroyed Khali, but this is definitely a step down from where he was before HIAC.

I'm way ready for Sheamus vs. Rusev. They'll do some real hard-hitting stuff. Really good segment overall.

Bray continues to be quite mesmerizing and entertaining. I like the feud with Ambrose.

Really entertaining match between Cesaro and Ambrose. It's good to have some goofy matches here and there.

Fine ending to the show.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment