Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Raw Reax - 11/17/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I thought that was a really good opening segment. The Authority really sold Survivor Series as a major event with a main event that means something. I'm glad we're seeing Rollins, Rusev, and Harper in big positions. It would have been easy to put HHH, Noble, and Mercury in instead (with Rollins in, but Henry out). I hope this is a passing of the torch from the old guard in a way. It's really time for some post-Attitude Era/post-Ruthless Aggression names to shine.

I liked the pre-match. The Authority as a pack of wild dogs fighting for their spots in WWE is awesome.

Nice match for what it was. I'm a bit surprised to see Harper take the belt, but he's one hell of a talent and I think he'll do a good job with it. Does Ziggler go back to WWE Purgatory, or does he make a comeback and become a big thorn in the side of the heels?

That post-match really drove the point home.

I have a soft spot for Grumpy Cat. I'm not really sure why. I don't think she really belongs on a wrestling show, but I'm glad they're not putting her in any kind of dangerous situation.

Bunnies and cats in one show! I really wonder how far they can go with this gimmick.

Rose vs. Kidd was OK. It got across what it needed to do.

Meh. I'd like more wrestling from Rose and The Bunny. Will other Rosebuds get involved?

I really enjoyed the Wyatt/Ambrose stuff. I want to see more like those two. Dynamic characters with some depth and edge to them. Younger guys who can really wrestle well. Nothing too "corporate" or generic.

I hope Ziggler being hurt is just an angle. He's been on a roll.

I liked Ryback vs. Cesaro a good deal. Cesaro can have a good match with just about anyone, and I wouldn't have minded him as part of Team Cena in the slightest.

Interesting stuff with Cena trying to get Ryback on his team. I'm glad they're acknowledging the past of Cena vs. Ryback.

Fun angle with Lana, Rusev, and Slater. Slater's really become invaluable as a comedy character.

Nice decimation by Rusev. I hope he gets pushed strong from here on out.

Rusev's a beast. Good post-match. They've built him pretty well and consistently.

I'm not really sure what that backstage segment accomplished for Miz, Mizdow, and Rowan, but I guess it moved some stories along.

NICE segment with Sheamus, Show, and Stephanie. I like how The Authority will do pretty much anything to keep their grasp on power (other than have HHH wrestle).

I enjoyed Sheamus vs. Show a lot more than I thought I would. Show can still pull out something good when he has the right opponent and is in the right circumstances.

Good post-match to get heat on The Authority. Survivor Series should be a pretty good event. It's been built well.

I'm glad we'll see Bad News Barrett again soon. Fandango's cool, too.

I'm not looking forward to whatever this is after seeing Brie dressed as AJ. The sooner this angle ends, the better.

Nice ending to the match. I think this was as good as it could have been. The Bellas aren't bad wrestlers, really. I just don't like their angle.

I get a feeling we're in for Nikki winning the Divas' Title. I REALLY hope that's not the case, but I can see why they'd do that.

Big E's not that great of a talker, but I'm really glad this trio's getting a chance to make something of themselves. I think E, Kofi, and Xavier each have strengths. Put those together, and the group should be fine.

Good tension between Ryback and Cena. Ryback turning heel on Cena at Survivor Series would be pretty big. I think they can do that and still end The Authority angle (see Rock/Y2J in 2001). I'm looking forward to it either way.

I wonder if Grumpy Cat was going to be involved in this somehow, but WWE changed their minds for some reason. I imagine she might freak out in front of such a large crowd. Sorry, I'm a cat person...

I liked the eight-man tag. Good action all around. Sunday's match should be pretty good.

It's kind of funny we're making so much out of a cat being a big part of the show. Where are Damien, Frankie the bird and Matilda the bulldog?

I hope we're not in for "CENA OVERCAME FIVE MEN BY HIMSELF" at Survivor Series with all these injuries.

That was a pretty insane, newsworthy final segment. I think Survivor Series will be quite the clash. I'm curious to see how Rowan does as a babyface. I'm willing to give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment