Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Main Event Reax - 11/25/14, what happened after Raw, Raw changes, Larry visits Raw, Interview with King Mo, TNA TV schedule, 2015 TNA tapings set, Raw audience, and Questions on Sin Cara I, Team Cena, HHH, and contract signings

Main Event:
Nice opening promo by Miz. I think he'll make a great foil for Mizdow when the latter inevitably splits from him.

Nice tag match. They're doing a good job setting up the inevitable Miz/Mizdow feud.

I've missed Fandango. I've been a fan since NXT: Redemption (he was a little bland during Season 4).

Nice undercard match between Rose and Fandango. I think both of them are talented, but more experience will help both (particularly Rose).

Silly Thanksgiving segment, but I was OK with it. Tyson's a great character.

Good match between Natalya and Layla. I'd rather see them feuding for the title than the Bellas.

I liked Ambrose vs. Kane well enough. I wasn't a big fan of the ending, but it was fine to give Ambrose a win without hurting the former WWE/World Champion.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

After Raw, Michael Cole came into the ring to high-five Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler responded with a superkick to a positive reaction. I hope Ziggler's going to get some focus in the weeks and months to come.

Raw was being rewritten as the Pre-Game Show was on the air. The angle of who would be the new GM and how that would be handled kept being reworked, leading to the anonymous GM being back next week. Whether Hornswoggle is still the GM is anyone's guess.

Larry the Cable Guy posted photos from Raw. That mask could be the most we see of Rey on WWE TV going forward.

Here's a story on Raw being in Indianapolis. It was good to see Bryan again.

King Mo talked about potentially facing WWE and TNA stars. I wouldn't count on seeing him or Rampage in TNA again. Or Tito for that matter.

TNA announced the themes for the remaining episodes of Impact Wrestling for Spike. I'm not sure what they'll do for Dec. 31. There could be a YouTube-only episode. I don't intend to cover any of these shows, since they're just clip shows of content I've already seen. I'm sure they'll have some awesome matches, though.

TNA officially announced its tapings in NYC for early January. These will be the first shows on Destination America. So, Kurt Angle and Gail Kim are presumably back in the fold. Will Team 3D, Rhino, etc., come back, too? I'm curious to see how much nostalgia TNA goes for in 2015 vs. focusing on new names.

Raw's viewership Monday night was 4.29 million viewers, the highest mark in several months. The first hour drew its biggest audience since April. Sting's appearance and the end of The Authority were good for a ratings boost. I wonder how long WWE can keep it up.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think a lot of it goes to the talent. They gave him a really big platform to succeed, including teaming him with Cena and Mysterio. Skipping developmental and not learning English really did him in. He can't blame WWE for that.

2. I think they did a pretty good job elevating Ziggler at the PPV without having Cena being the first man beaten. I do think it's a good idea to move away from the Cenas of the world, and that was the appropriate place and time to do it.

3. I think that was a pretty notable plot hole they needed to address. The WWE No-Prize goes to the Internet commenter who attributed it to HHH losing his last four major PPV matches. It's a shame WWE didn't come up with any reason for him not to join the team himself. Vince could have easily just banned him or something.

4. I've wondered this, too. I guess only the really important matches have their own public contract signings, while the rest apply under a standard WWE contract.

5. Yeah, I don't have an answer for that one unless Cena thinks it's tough love or he thinks he'll get taken out, too, or something. Another pretty big plot point they needed to address.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment