Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 11/7/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

The announcement of that stipulation makes me think we're in for a goofball ending.

I liked the opening match pretty well. Everyone involved did good work.

Interesting Authority segment. I look forward to Ziggler vs. Kane, but it does look like they're teaching Cesaro a lesson for the comments about being sick of seeing Orton vs. Cena.

I liked Cesaro vs. Ryback well enough. I wonder where Cesaro ends up at Survivor Series (if anywhere).

I think Ryback will join Team Cena. I'm OK with that. Sadly, WWE doesn't have a lot of talent ready for that position due to all the hot-cold booking.

I liked the comedy match OK. At least Rose gets TV time again now.

Interesting post-match. Rose vs. The Bunny will be... ummm... interesting, I guess. I wonder where they can go with both of them.

That was an interesting Peep Show. I'm glad the focus ended up on Bray vs. Dean, since theoretically Christian's not coming back to the ring anytime soon. Bray and Dean work well off each other.

Part of me would be OK with Rusev joining Team Authority, but he'd have to be eliminated somehow. Also, that means the PPV wouldn't have the U.S., IC, or WWE Title on the line unless some people pull double duty. Not ideal.

Booooooooooo. The fewer Brie/Nikki segments, the better. I have a weird feeling AJ vs. Nikki at Survivor Series is just a setup for another round of Brie vs. Nikki at TLC (and maybe even the Rumble). Ugh.

I like Tyson and Natalya getting more TV time. They've done well on NXT.

Nice match from a story standpoint. I think this could lead to Tyson and Natalya each finding new partners.

Cena vs. Ryback makes sense to keep the main angle going along.

I liked the HHH/Ziggler segment. Ziggler vs. HHH could be nice if WWE wants to do that at some point.

That was fine as far as non-wrestling segments go. They've done MUCH worse (The Today Show stuff).

I liked Luke Harper's video. Will the former Wyatt Family join up with The Authority? They can presumably still be together if/when they're not in power.

I liked Kane vs. Ziggler a good deal. There was a nice "David vs. Goliath" element to it. Seeing Kane go for the Tombstone was a nice touch. I'm glad Ziggler pulled out the victory.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment