Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Live event photos, NXT lineup, former Del Rio to wrestle on U.S. TV in 2015, Interviews with Teddy/Bryan, Dallas injured, Network delayed in the UK, TNA/W1 update, NXT names at Raw, Smackdown audience, latest on Punk merchandise, Cena note, Smackdown main event, what happened after Raw, and Questions on Survivor Series, Network subscriptions, Regal in the HoF, and Rollins' briefcase

Here are some great photos from WWE's recent live event in Syracuse. I wish I had a camera that did that well.

Set for the next edition of NXT:
- Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch vs. Bayley and Charlotte
- Tyson Kidd vs. Dash Wilder
- Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze
- Hideo Itami brings a friend to face the challenge of The Ascension

If you're not watching NXT, start.

The former Alberto Del Rio broke news of going to Lucha Underground in 2015. I've heard rave reviews of the promotion, and the former Del Rio only adds to their prestige. I was hoping to see him in TNA, but it looks like the wrestling landscape could be leaving that company behind in 2015.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Teddy Long's YouShoot is now out. I'd link the trailer, but it's not even remotely PG. It should be great.

Bo Dallas suffered a foot injury at last week's TV tapings, and is expected to miss a month if not two. That's a shame. I like Bo.

WWE postponed the launch of the WWE Network in the UK shortly before it was scheduled to go live. That's unfortunate. I hope that gets fixed soon.

Daniel Bryan gave an update on his health, noting there's currently no timetable for a return. That really sucks. He should have had an awesome run as champion.

TNA's Great Sanada will challenge The Great Muta for the Wrestle-1 Championship next month. At least he's getting some work over there. I've liked him as part of Storm's Revolution.

Former NXT Tag Team Champions The Ascension were at Raw. I can easily see them being on the main roster by the end of the year.

Smackdown got 2.21 million viewers on Halloween. Clearly a lot of the usual audience was out doing Halloween things!

WWE is back selling a lot of the recently sold-out C.M. Punk merchandise. I'm not sure what kind of agreement the two sides reached, but he remains retired.

WWE offered refunds for fans at the beginning of the Raw taping who were disappointed at the lack of John Cena. I think the show was better without him! Heck, keep him off TV more.

Smackdown will feature Goldust and Stardust facing The Usos in a steel cage. I look forward to seeing how that goes.

After Raw, Randy Orton was stretchered out to sell the attack from The Authority. He'll be missing some time. I thought the angle was great.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think after Raw last night we have something of an answer here. Survivor Series could mean the end of The Authority being in charge, which is a big part of current storylines. Hopefully it's also the end of the Bellas angle.

2. They do sometimes take some content down, so you run the risk of not being able to access some of it. But yes, you can pick and choose months.

3. As much as I like Regal (and I do like him a good deal), I think he's really overrated in a lot of people's eyes. He was one heck of a solid hand who could work with just about anyone and make the most of the angles he was in, and I think it's great he's involved in the talent development side of things now. He belongs in the Hall of Fame for those reasons.

Nothing to add to 4.

5. Theoretically I guess he COULD cash it in with Brock not there and win via countout, but the title doesn't change on countouts. Plus, The Authority thinks Brock being champion is best for business. Rollins is the insurance plan in case someone else wins or looks like they're about to win. He tries to go rogue sometimes, but that's their plan for him.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment